Return to Website

USS Pillsbury Forum

Locate a shipmate, leave a message, write memories of the past

USS Pillsbury Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old Times

Just to see if this thing works or if I am too old to figure things like this out. I am Senn FT3, stood a lot of picket watches in CIC, so I remember a lot of the guys from down there. I car pooled with Denis,VW Bug, to Boston when we were in the yards up there. I also think he and his wife and my wife and I went to Cape Cod for a picnic once. We went to Newport on vacation in about 1986, and is that ever different, no Navy.
If that starts anything, lets see where it goes.

Lamar

Re: Old Times

Lamar:

It is good to hear from you , we would like to Post a photo of you then amd now.

Mike lambert

Lamar Senn I believe you an I served on the Pillsbury
at the same time.

I went back to newport about 1996. Did not recognize
it at all. Goat Island now has a bridge and a hospital on it. I saw the mast of one navy ship
sticking above a huge wherehouse at that facility
up the river from downtown, that we used to tie up
at next to the tender. I was a naval reservist on the Pillsbury from about sept. 1958 thru to her decommisioning in june 1960. IF I remember right
you were the one that hooked the big shark on one of the pickets. Then we hauled it up on deck and strung it up on the gun mount.

hi - I have a remembering thought of the shark being brought aboard I might have a picture of that moment... I was one of the radiomen gang on the 133 during 1958 thru 1959....does anyone remember that hurricane we were in and had to run with the storm for a day or two... the waves were really BIG. I also was in boston shipyard for repairs....

Each challenge is an opportunity in disguise. With our take my proctor exam for me service, unlock the doors to your potential. Our dedicated team sees the genius within you, waiting to shine. Embrace this chance to transform, to soar, and to redefine your academic journey.