Friends of Jack Burright Forum

Welcome to the forum. This forum was designed to keep people up to date with information about the campaign and to help faciliate discussion about topics within the campaign.  Please feel free to post!

Friends of Jack Burright Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Benton County Deputy Sheriff Assocation votes to endorse Burright

With a 27 to 2 vote the Benton County Deputy Sheriff Association has voted to endorse Jack Burright as the next Sheriff for Benton County.

The union is made up from members from the three divisions of the Sheriff's Office (Parole and Probation, Corrections, and Patrol).

The union held a meeting where both candidates spoke. The union felt that Jack Burright held a more clear vision of where he wanted the Sheriff's Office to go.

Re: Benton County Deputy Sheriff Assocation votes to endorse Burright

As President of BCDSA, I'd like to offer some insight into this endorsement. When both candidates came to speak, Sgt. Burright separated himself with his obvious leadership abilities, honesty, and straightforwardness. The people who work with Jack know that he's going to follow through on his commitments. He knows how the work really gets done out in the real world, because he's been there and done it. Jack won't be the kind of Sheriff who makes policies and decisions based on what he read in a magazine or heard in a seminar because that's all he knows.

I've worked with Jack for over ten years. He's been my martial arts instructor, my patrol sergeant, and my SWAT commander. What sets Jack aside for me is that while he is clearly in charge, he listens carefully to what his subordinates say and uses their input to make decisions. He rewards his employees for hard work, follow thru, and commitment, not for always telling him what he wants to hear and agreeing with everything he says.

It's time for a change in leadership at Benton County. We need clear direction and an experienced Sheriff who knows what to do. Jack Burright is that Sheriff.