Friends of Jack Burright Forum

Welcome to the forum. This forum was designed to keep people up to date with information about the campaign and to help faciliate discussion about topics within the campaign.  Please feel free to post!

Friends of Jack Burright Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Letter to editor about Simpson

This letter appeared in the Gazette-times this morning (1-11-06). I completely disagree with the writers opinion in regards that we will be turned into an "old school" law enforcement agency. Has the writer ever worked at the Sheriff's Office? Does he know Jack Burright personally? Or is the writer just a vehicle to get someone elses opinion listed in the newspaper?? Just some thoughts...

Here is the letter: (Please make any comments)

Simpson a fresh start for sheriff

There is one clear choice for Benton County Sheriff. If you haven’t met with either candidate, please try to do so. Ask lots of questions that include more than just dealing with local drug problems. It will be evident, who is the most qualified to hold this position. One will come across as very genuine and up to speed on modern ideas/philosophies for law enforcement. The other will come across as “old school” and lacking the vision to fully embrace all the various components that the sheriff’s office is responsible for.

Diana Simpson will continue to move the sheriff’s department forward to modern ideas. The thought of allowing this department to move backward is scary to me, and it should be really scary to the public. There is much more to law enforcement than breaking down doors and harassing local residents whom they see as “dirt bags.”

You have one clear choice in the upcoming election for Benton County sheriff. I choose the candidate who stands for building a stronger and more diverse Benton County Sheriff’s Office. I feel a “house cleaning” coming up at the office, with a new sheriff in town coming soon.

Bud Tarken

Re: Letter to editor about Simpson

I don't know who this "Bud" is. A friend of mine checked several online search engines, and couldn't find him anywhere in Corvallis. The GT was very particular with how the Association's last editorial was signed, but I doubt "Bud" is the author's true first name.