This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Printing, part of the page not printing

By "your FAQ", I refer to the page you go to following the link that says "FAQ" on the page you refered as to.

As for how to reduce the window size, see your css file where it says:

.wrapper
{
/* remove this to have the page load at full width */
width: 780px;
}

Remove that, and unless there are other surprises it should print. (There might be. Links like the one to the faq i mentioned, I believe there are 6 of them and 130 wide. You may have to change that as well.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Printing, part of the page not printing

Thanks again for your effort.

I deleted the class "wrapper" from the css. Result: (a) the whole top div (the part containing the page title) changed beyond recognition, (b) the horizontal links that you refer to did _not_ change (e.g., in width), and (c) the page otherwise printed correctly. I could change the width of the links, but as long as the top div is corrupted this doesn't make sense. This may qualify as one of the surprises you refer to? Maybe the/a problem is that the top-level div that has the class "wrapper" does not have any class specification once the class "wrapper" is removed?

I understand your reference to the page FAQ now. This file in itself not relevant to consider here, I believe, as it is older (and coded differently). Anyway, this page prints correctly.

Would you care to guess a little further as to what may be going here?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

By "your FAQ", I refer to the page you go to following the link that says "FAQ" on the page you refered as to.

As for how to reduce the window size, see your css file where it says:

.wrapper
{
/* remove this to have the page load at full width */
width: 780px;
}

Remove that, and unless there are other surprises it should print. (There might be. Links like the one to the faq i mentioned, I believe there are 6 of them and 130 wide. You may have to change that as well.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Printing, part of the page not printing

The page is simply too wide. Standard webpages in 640x480 resolution will print in their entirety. Pages in 800x600 often will not.. the right edge gets cutoff.

So you can try adjusting your left margins on your printer so that the right edge moves over, or print in Landscape mode to accomodate the width of your page.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Printing, part of the page not printing

Ok, you both seem to agree that the page is too wide. The only thing I know about resolution is in connection with screen resolution, and mine is 1280x1024. Is this good or bad in this connection? Adjusting the left margin and print in landscape mode are not realistic options. Thus, the question now becomes "how to make the page narrower" in order that it prints correctly?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Printing, part of the page not printing

Bad. At least if your pages are based on a 1280x1024 resolution. You may try to chang your resolution while making pages, or simply change your window size. The browser Opera will display window width for you.

But try the following. Reduce the width for the horizontal menu "buttons". Put the wrapper back, but change the width to 640. I think you should be able to print then.

The page does not actually have to BE narrower. It just has to be able to adapt. If you can reduce the window to 640 pixels with no horizontal scroll bar, you will most likely be OK with the printer as well.