New Page 1

Welcome to the USS SEA ROBIN Message Board!

This Discussion Board is open to all SEA ROBIN crew members and invited guests..ENJOY!

USSVI
USSVI  Homepage 2018 REUNION Re-cap SS-407 Association
SS-407 Reunion Pictures SS-407 Homepage Jonesy's Domain
SS-407 Eternal Patrol SS-407 HOLLAND CLUB SS-407 Sailing List

War Patrol Report #1

War Patrol Report #2

War Patrol Report #3

MYRON " "Mike" RITTER RM2(SS) 1963-65

DAN WALKER Rm3/c 1944-46 PLANKOWNER

SHIPMATES ON ETERNAL PATROL

RICHARD "Dick" MCGIRR ET1(SS) 1965-65 - 1/12/2018
SILAS D. "Danny" PONDER EN1(SS) 1954-59 - 1/15/2018
EDOUARD N. "Ed" CADORET EMP3(SS) 1956-58
Gilbert F. "Bert" Lomax. Sr TN(SS) 1948-48 - 4/25/2018
James A. Adams IC2(SS) 1960-61 - 6/21/2018
Stanley L. Preneta RM2(SS) 1951-52 - 7/4/2018
Karl B. Eagar SN 1947-48 - 7/18/2018
David D. "Dave" Wilkinson ET3(SS) 1964-65 - 11/17/2018
Lee. G. Mather SN(SS) 1955-56 - 11/30/2018
Robert G. "TOMMY" Tucker QM2(SS) 1964-66 - 12/4/2018
Frank R. Berkhimer CDR (CO) 1968-69 12/27/2018
David J. Olson EM2(SS) 1970-70 12/28/2018
John F. Lyding LCDR - (XO) 1963-65 1/25/2019
William "Bill" Von Der Lieth EM1(SS) 1949-52 3/23/2109
Raymond P. Jebing EN3(SS) 1962-66 4/9/2019
Donald M. Marroletti RM3(SS) 1955-57 7/30/2019
Thomas Willett EMCS(SS) 1961-66 6/20/2019
Myron Ritter RM2(SS) 1963-65 9/16/2019
Daniel R. Walker Rm3/c 1944-46 9/18/2019
Winton W. Armstrong Sm2/c 1944-45 10/4/2019

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Shipmate in Hospice Care - Steve Corsale

I've received a note from Lisa Taylor informing me that her father,Steve Corsale MM1(SS) 64-65 is under hospice care at this time in Colorado.

I recall Steve well, as we were both NJ natives. I might be wrong, but I think Steve relieved Frenchy as AUX MM. A boisterous guy, typical NJ. Good sense of humor and a dedicated hard worker.

I've have not had much contact with him for some time. We did exchange emails several years ago when he was located in Missouri. He was always on our mailing list.

I've replied to Lisa with our sincere regrets and also with a message to her dad that his Sea Robin Shipmates are here for him as he sets sail on his final voyage.

Paul

Re: A Shipmate in Hospice Care - Steve Corsale

I remember Steve. He was in A-Gang with me in 64-65.
Sorry to hear he is in Hospice. If I remember right Byers relieved me in 65. i went to Air Conditioning & Refrigeration School in Norfolk and when I came back Byers had A-Gang as I had only a few weeks left before transfer. He may have taken over for Byers after his death.
Frenchy

Re: Re: A Shipmate in Hospice Care - Steve Corsale

I'm sure you are correct Frenchy.

Corsale listed his service time aboard Sea Robin as 64-65. I realize now that when he headed AUX, it was after Byers died, and that was in OCT 1966. Roundtree. Monroy, Griffin worked for him.

Other than he had previously served on Sarda, I know nothing of his service. Do you recall if he was aboard for the 65 Med trip..seems like he would have been?

In poking around the Internet I came across this tribute. It's amazing what you can find with a little effort.

Paul

Re: Re: Re: A Shipmate in Hospice Care - Steve Corsale

Paul,
That is a really nice tribute. He certainly has a great family.
I left the boat in late June/early July 65 and didn't make the Med trip in 65. I made a WESTPAC in USS Cusk SS-348 right after we arrived in Hawaii. Steve is in one of the pictures on the Robin web site, can't remember which one.
Frenchy

Re: A Shipmate in Hospice Care - Steve Corsale

Good evening This is Lisa Taylor (Corsale)

I am sad to say that we have lost Dad on Aug 10. He did not suffer for very long which we were all grateful for. It was very sad to see a strong man and father have to give in to such a horrible disease. His body strong and his mind so full of disease that his body just gave out. I am including several pictures of Dad One was just taken 3 weeks ago and then I found one of Dad in his younger hay days. I am also including a copy of his obituary notice. Please use any of the items you would like to for the site I know Dad would enjoy it

Thank you,

Lisa Taylor ( Corsale)

Corsale, Stephen George

Stephen George "Steve" Corsale, 70, passed away Sunday, August 10, 2008, at the HospiceCare Center in Louisville, Colo., after many years of living bravely with Alzheimer's disease. He was a loving husband, devoted father and grandfather, as well as a loyal family member and friend. His greatest pride was always in the accomplishments of his children and grandchildren, for whom he made many sacrifices. Steve was born on June 11, 1938, in Jersey City, New Jersey, to the late Andrew and Evelyn (nee Varano) Corsale. He lived in Garfield and Clifton, New Jersey, for much of his life. He also lived in Liberty, Mo., and most recently in Longmont, Colo. Steve worked for Ford Motor Company in both New Jersey and Missouri. He was very proud of his service in the United States Navy, from 1956 to 1966 where he served primarily on the submarines USS Sarda and USS Sea Robin. Steve was a very active member of his church and community. He served for many years as an usher, lectern and communion minister. He was also an active member of the Boy Scouts of America, American Legion and Knights of Columbus. He also had many other interests and hobbies. Steve was always ready to lend a helping hand to others in need. Steve is survived by his wife, Barbara (nee Brown) Corsale, whom he married on August 6, 1960, in Garfield, New Jersey; son, Stephen Corsale, and his wife Kathy, and their daughters, Maia and Karys, all of Longmont; daughter, Lisa Taylor and her husband Tim, and their children, Brittany, Megan, Tammy, and TJ, and three great-grandchildren, Devin, Damian and Alexia, all of Oak Grove, Mo.; and daughter, Amy Hull and husband Chad, and their son, Brady, of Fort Worth, Texas. Steve had a great passion for life which he happily shared with all he crossed paths with. He maintained his passion and involvement in life despite living with Alzheimer's. He will be sorely missed by his family and friends. Cremation arrangements have been entrusted to Howe Mortuary and Cremation Services, Longmont. Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 1 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 14, at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, Longmont. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Alzheimer's Association, Colorado Chapter, 455 Sherman Street, Suite 500, Denver, CO 80203 or HospiceCare of Boulder and Broomfield Counties, 2594 Trailridge Drive East, Suite A, Lafayette, CO 80026. Please share thoughts, memories and condolences with the family at www.howemortuary.com

Published in the Kansas City Star on 8/13/2008

Sailor, Rest Your Oar.

Re: Re: A Shipmate in Hospice Care - Steve Corsale

Such sad news lately on our board. My heartfelt condolonces to Steve's wife and family. It was an honor and a pleasure to have served with Steve. Sailor rest your oar!