New Page 1

Welcome to the USS SEA ROBIN Message Board!

This Discussion Board is open to all SEA ROBIN crew members and invited guests..ENJOY!

USSVI
USSVI  Homepage 2009 REUNION SS-407 Association
SS-407 Reunion Pictures SS-407 Homepage Jonesy's Domain
SS-407 Eternal Patrol SS-407 HOLLAND CLUB SS-407 Sailing List

War Patrol Report #1

War Patrol Report #2

War Patrol Report #3

WATERCOLOR by "John La Presle"

scanned image donated by TRACEY JOHNSTONE

SHIPMATES ON ETERNAL PATROL

EDWARD D. RABBITT RM1(SS) 1961-63 - 12/09/2017

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I came across this on the web today...

I'm surprised most of you don't remember Frank Visted.
He was a big guy, quiet, played center for Navy. I knew he was a football planer at the Academy at the time. He made the 63 Med trip if I remember correctly.
Frenchy

Oh yea, now I can put a profile with a name. Your right Paul, he wasn't the Engineer. Don't know what his role was, but it wasn't Ops. or Comm. I think I remember him saying that he played with Joe Balino at the academy. I think Balino was Roger Staubacks' predicessor. Can anyone confirm?

From Wikipedia

Professional career

Bellino was drafted in 17th round of the 1961 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins, as well as in the 19th round of the 1961 AFL Draft by the Boston Patriots. He decided to join the Patriots of the American Football League, and played three seasons, primarily as a kick returner. He is the lowest drafted Heisman Trophy winner in the history of the NFL.

After football

Bellino served a total of 28 years in the United States Navy and the Naval Reserve, and retired with the rank of Captain.

Since the close of his playing career, he has been a successful businessman in the Boston area, where he has also been active in charitable organizations. He and his wife, Ann Tansey, have two children, Therese and John, and currently live in Bedford, Massachusetts.

Bellino Park in Winchester was dedicated in his honor in November 2004.

I sort of remember the football part, and that he was big, I dont remember what his position was. man it was a long time ago and my memory is getting bad about some things. thanks paul I finally saw what you were looking at
ed

Actually he couldn't have been Stawbacks replacement because he was a runner back. He did have to do his Navy time before he could go to the Pats, so he must have graduated around 1957 or so. I doubt that they let him detour to the Pats before doing his Navy time.
He did win the Heisman as well.....