New Page 1

Welcome to the USS SEA ROBIN Message Board!

This Discussion Board is open to all SEA ROBIN crew members and invited guests..ENJOY!

USSVI
USSVI  Homepage 2009 REUNION SS-407 Association
SS-407 Reunion Pictures SS-407 Homepage Jonesy's Domain
SS-407 Eternal Patrol SS-407 HOLLAND CLUB SS-407 Sailing List

War Patrol Report #1

War Patrol Report #2

War Patrol Report #3

WATERCOLOR by "John La Presle"

scanned image donated by TRACEY JOHNSTONE

SHIPMATES ON ETERNAL PATROL

EDWARD D. RABBITT RM1(SS) 1961-63 - 12/09/2017

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ETERNAL PATROL - Francis "MAC" Maquire ENCS(SS) COB (64-66)

Sailor, Rest your Oar. Mac was a great guy, outstanding COB and a friend to all. We will miss him. I was proud to have served with him.
Frenchy

Re: ON LINE GUEST BOOK for COB Maguire

H E R E

Re: ETERNAL PATROL - Francis "MAC" Maquire ENCS(SS) COB (64-66)

Sailors, rest your oar. The only saving grace in this sad occasion is that I got to visit with him during the Groton Reunion. MAC made us all proud...

Re: DOES ANYONE RECALL

When Mac was appointed COB of Sea Robin. I'm pretty sure he was on from 64-66, but can't recall when Zang left to go go over to the Becuna. Mac relieved him at that time.

We went into the yards in Nov 64, was Zang still aboard then? I know Mac was COB when we went to the MED in July '65.

Help me!!

I'm pretty sure Mac was COB when we went to Northern Europe. I know Chief Brady went because I have a picture of him in Rotterdam. I think Mac came aboard with Brady. They were the first two Engineering Chiefs we had on the boat. Geo Brayson was the senior Eng guy for a while after Sid Swire left.
I don't remember when Zang left, but it must have been before we went north. I'll look at my pictures later.
Frenchy

I thought I served with Zang longer than that. I'm trying to recall any event during the Portsmouth Yard overhaul where Zang was present.

I have THIS PICTURE that I was told was taken on the trip to Northern Europe, but maybe not.

I'll email Harold to see what he remembers.

Just heard back from Harold Doherty and he said the photo was taken topside arriving in Portsmouth UK. That's what I thought he had said, way back.

I'm old and alot of my brain cells are shot....but...I threw you guys the lines when you left for the north. I thought the Zang was still there.

Shipmate.

I still have one stiff pour from the scotch you gave me last summer in Niagara Falls. I intended to bring it to the reunion and share that with you, but now I think it will be used to salute our shipmate Mac Maquire.

It's not 100 proof as he requested, but the quality will certainly be there.

I got out of the Navy the beginning of November in 64 after the northern trip. I don't remember meeting Chief Maquire. But then again I don't remember if Zang was still on the boat at that time.
Buttons

Hey Ron; do you ever hear from Beana or any of her family from Amsterdam? A very nice family.

"Mac" deserves it Paul. We can get more (and you know we will). Didn't serve with Mac, but met him at the reunion and he was still one of my Sea Robin Shipmates.