New Page 1

Welcome to the USS SEA ROBIN Message Board!

This Discussion Board is open to all SEA ROBIN crew members and invited guests..ENJOY!

USSVI
USSVI  Homepage 2009 REUNION SS-407 Association
SS-407 Reunion Pictures SS-407 Homepage Jonesy's Domain
SS-407 Eternal Patrol SS-407 HOLLAND CLUB SS-407 Sailing List

War Patrol Report #1

War Patrol Report #2

War Patrol Report #3

WATERCOLOR by "John La Presle"

scanned image donated by TRACEY JOHNSTONE

SHIPMATES ON ETERNAL PATROL

EDWARD D. RABBITT RM1(SS) 1961-63 - 12/09/2017

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SNOW

38-84" of snow on White Pass 6000 Ft, 49-59" at 5300 Ft on Snoqualime Ski Area, 67" on Hurricane Ridge at 5000 Ft and not a bit of snow at sea level, 30s at night and mid 50s in the daytime. My snow shovel is in the shed, hasn't been out since I moved to Sequim. I just keep it as a reminder not to live where it snows. I shoveled enough growing up in New England. I guess all thet snow you have is caused by Al's Global Warming.
Frenchy

That must be one HELLUVA urinary track infection you got there Ed.

I would rather of had your snow than the sleet/ice/ buildup we just got.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Just finished getting the snow and ice of the driveway after the last storm in preparation fot a new one tomorrow. Where is the global warming when you really need it?
Buttons

We are getting it this year, reminds me of the winter of 78/79 At Great Lakes when we had 85 inches and it started snowing on new years eve and snowed almost everyday for a month. never saw the ground until april. I plowed snow morning and night, working 40 hours and going to college at night. Then I had a 500 foot driveway, now I have a 25 foot and two wide and now I have a blower, back then I had 8 kids to shovel and a one ton old 52 doge weapons carrier with a plow on it, and it got stuck a time or two in the heavy snows. We had 7 1/2 inches on tuesday and wednesday with a inch of ice and now it is snowing again and we have 3 inches on the grosund last night and still snowing and more to come this week. thank god we can hunker down and watch without having to go out in it.
take care guys spring will be here before we know it.

We ended up with a 22in total,now the temp is going to take a nose dive next week.This snow will be around for a while.

50's today, partly sunny, no snow, misty rain last night and we are over 7 degrees north of Chicago. have fun in the snow.
Frenchy

My wife slipped on the ice yesterday and broke her ankle in 3 places. Doctor was satified he got everything back in place so hopefully surgery won't be needed. She is in a cast to above the knee and is having a difficult time getting around. Can't wait for this winter to be over.
Buttons

YIKES....no one needs that grief.

Hopefully she will completely recover in short order.

Buttons,
Sorry to hear about your wife, hope she improves quickly. In the mean time have another glass/can of ......
Frank

Hope she heals quickly. That snow and ice are treacherous.

Very sorry to hear about your wife Ron. Do hope she recovers quickly and is not in too much pain....

Thanks for the kind wishes. Fortunately she hasn't been in any pain. Just very uncomfortable with the cast above the knee. This winter can't end soon enough.
Buttons

Ron, Good luck to ya both......

Buttons, A speedy recovery at your house, and come on spring.