New Page 1

Welcome to the USS SEA ROBIN Message Board!

This Discussion Board is open to all SEA ROBIN crew members and invited guests..ENJOY!

USSVI
USSVI  Homepage 2009 REUNION SS-407 Association
SS-407 Reunion Pictures SS-407 Homepage Jonesy's Domain
SS-407 Eternal Patrol SS-407 HOLLAND CLUB SS-407 Sailing List

War Patrol Report #1

War Patrol Report #2

War Patrol Report #3

WATERCOLOR by "John La Presle"

scanned image donated by TRACEY JOHNSTONE

SHIPMATES ON ETERNAL PATROL

EDWARD D. RABBITT RM1(SS) 1961-63 - 12/09/2017

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FER photo

Where is the photo?

Hmmm, that's a good question.

I don't have an answer yet. It was all there yesterday.

Paul

The guy in the middle looks a bit like FN or FA McKinstry who got way behind on quals and was kicked off the boat because of that and other things. Don't recognize the guy on the right. I wonder why the aft WT Door was shut? We never shut that door except when coming to PD. George was on board for the 63 Med trip. We left in Jan 63 for the Med. I came on board in Dec 62. I had orders to the Dogfish SS 350, but after a quick visit to Dogfish on a Friday after I checked in at Squadron and was told to come back Monday, I figured I would rather go to a Portsmouth boat like the one I had left. On Monday at SUBRON 9, I asked YNC Burkheart if I could get another boat. He asked me if I wanted to go to the Med in 2 weeks and was I a qualified Throttle man on Fairbanks Morse. I said yes and yes and he put me on Sea Robin.
Frenchy

I don't recognize the other two. Brayson is an unforgettable character. Never knew what he was going to do next. I think I had more laughs from Brayson's antics than anyone one else on the boat and that's saying something with all the characters we had. I think his nickname was George P. Neverdull and he never was. A rare individual and great shipmate.
Buttons

My feelings as well Button's, he was a Great Shipmate and friend. I also do not reconize the other guys.

Frenchy
I wonder why the aft WT Door was shut? We never shut that door except when coming to PD.
Frenchy

Even though I titled the photo FER, it's really the AER...see that ladder? I missed it.

Paul, You are right. It's the AER. I don't remember George spending ant time back there. I was back there most of the time I was on the boat. I stood my first battery charge back there with MM2(SS)Garber. He was leaving the boat before the Med run. That was around the time RM1(SS) Black Bart came aboard. Bart was on Amberjack SS 522 with me before he went to Thresher. He got off Thresher because the boat never went out of CONUS. Both those guys look familiar, but I can't put the finger on who they are. Picture may have been before I went aboard.

I have not checked in for some time, but I can tell you that George was on board when I checked aboard in Sept 61