New Page 1

Welcome to the USS SEA ROBIN Message Board!

This Discussion Board is open to all SEA ROBIN crew members and invited guests..ENJOY!

USSVI
USSVI  Homepage 2009 REUNION SS-407 Association
SS-407 Reunion Pictures SS-407 Homepage Jonesy's Domain
SS-407 Eternal Patrol SS-407 HOLLAND CLUB SS-407 Sailing List

War Patrol Report #1

War Patrol Report #2

War Patrol Report #3

WATERCOLOR by "John La Presle"

scanned image donated by TRACEY JOHNSTONE

SHIPMATES ON ETERNAL PATROL

EDWARD D. RABBITT RM1(SS) 1961-63 - 12/09/2017

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saying nothing

Hi Guys,

I see no one is saying anything on this site, so I won't either.

Frenchy

Re: Saying nothing

SHUT UP FRENCHY, I'm sick of you hogging everything.........

I'm still out here just don't have much interesting to say. But then again I never did.
Buttons

Buttons,
Don't feel bad about,it us old folks don't have nuutin to say either.
But most of all nobody listen!!!!
Frank.

I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY, AND I"M NOT SAYING IT AGAIN.

At least some of us are ALIVE.

I was contacted recently by a Sea Robin shipmate named Joe Palmer ET3(SS) 1960-63. We exchanged a bunch of emails and then he contacted me saying that he driving through my area and suggested a sit-down.

That all transpired last week and we met at a local diner off the Interstate for dinner.

It seems that he got off the SS_407 just prior to the 63 MED trip at his request so that he could get enrolled to start college. His reasoning was that there had been a recent change of command and he was not sure what was ahead for him, with regards to the new command structure. He was less than complimentary about the CO that had just been relieved. That comment mirrored many I heard from other.

He talked of some experiences regarding an ENSIGN Chuck Harrison and was surprised to hear that he was still around when I reported almost a year later. Now LT Harrison, he was OPS head then.

After I relayed some of the opinions regarding Johnstone/Mooney to him, he was honestly disappointing and seriously regrets that he did not extend 4 months for that trip as it would have ended in plenty of time for him to be discharged and get ready for college. He was transferred to USS Blenny for the remainder of his tour.

We all make mistakes.

PS...anyone interested in the USSVI CONVENTION in San Francisco SEPT 2014? Mary Lou is VERY interested.

What's the word on the San Francisco 14 convention

USSVI National in San Fran. I gave it a thought. Nothing concrete yet.
I was there in the mid 60's and early 80's and it didn't impress me.
We'll see what the year brings. It's only about a 1 and 1/2 day drive for us.
Frenchy

I've got nothing to say.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!

Goody