New Page 1

Welcome to the USS SEA ROBIN Message Board!

This Discussion Board is open to all SEA ROBIN crew members and invited guests..ENJOY!

USSVI
USSVI  Homepage 2018 REUNION Information SS-407 Association
SS-407 Reunion Pictures SS-407 Homepage Jonesy's Domain
SS-407 Eternal Patrol SS-407 HOLLAND CLUB SS-407 Sailing List

War Patrol Report #1

War Patrol Report #2

War Patrol Report #3

SILAS D. "Dan" PONDER EN1(SS) 1954-59

SHIPMATES ON ETERNAL PATROL

ADAM C. THOMPSON MoMM2/c 1944-45 - 3/14/1977 PLANKOWNER
STANLEY J BOHARA ENC(SS) 1951-54 - 6/25/2010 COB
JOSEPH J CRONIN EN1(SS) 1951-52 - 2/22/2014
JOSEPH E. O'CONNOR LT 1956-59 - 6/4/2016
EDWARD D. RABBITT RM1(SS) 1961-63 - 12/09/2017
MICHAEL G JENSEN ET3(SS) 1960-60 - 12/19/2017
RICHARD A. GARRISON ET3(SS) 1951-52 - 12/20/2017
SILAS D. "Danny" PONDER EN1(SS) 1954-59 - 1/15/2018

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Memorial Day

Chuck that goes for us "younger" shipmates too. We are proud to have meet you several times over the years and hear your stories. Glad you and Penny have had a great life together with more years ahead of you. God Bless

Memorial Day here in New Jersey was a wash out. I went to attend the events in Newton as usual. Made it through the VFW ceremony in the town square but didn't do the parade. Went back to the VFW and had a couple of beers. The first rainy Memorial Day I can remember. We haven't had many sunny days lately and not many for the near future. Memorial Day isn't about the weather but to remember those who gave there all. God bless them!
Buttons

Chuck,

It's men like yourself and Boats like the Sea Robin that motivated me to volunteer for the Boats in the first place. In the 50's there was a weekly TV show called "Victory as Sea." I was totally enthralled with those that featured Submarines. I knew back then that I wanted to serve in the Boats. I have never been disappointed either. All of the Shipmates with whom I served and those that went before me like yourself always lived up to what I expected a real "Bubblehead" was. I salute you Chuck as well as all of the Shipmates before me, during my tenure and after me, including the current Nuke Boat sailors.
Thanks to ya'll. Ya'll have made me proud to be a part of something much bigger than the whole....

Dave "Goody" Goodness RM1(SS)

Goody, I feel exactly the same way, but couldn't have worded it so well.
Thank You,
Buttons

Ron,

I've always thought that you express yourself in a unique and perspicacious way. I'm proud to call you my shipmate and my friend.

Goody