New Page 1

Welcome to the USS SEA ROBIN Message Board!

This Discussion Board is open to all SEA ROBIN crew members and invited guests..ENJOY!

USSVI
USSVI  Homepage 2009 REUNION SS-407 Association
SS-407 Reunion Pictures SS-407 Homepage Jonesy's Domain
SS-407 Eternal Patrol SS-407 HOLLAND CLUB SS-407 Sailing List

War Patrol Report #1

War Patrol Report #2

War Patrol Report #3

WATERCOLOR by "John La Presle"

scanned image donated by TRACEY JOHNSTONE

SHIPMATES ON ETERNAL PATROL

EDWARD D. RABBITT RM1(SS) 1961-63 - 12/09/2017

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ED RABBITT on BINNACLE LIST

We just found out that Ed is experiencing medical problems and needs his SHIPMATE'S prayers.

He has worked diligently for us as Treasurer since we started our Association in 1999 following our first RENO REUNION. I've asked our Chaplain, Howard Dachs to send a card along to Ed and express the thoughts of us all. Some may want to contact Ed with their own cars or notes.

Ed Rabbitt
1420 Prospect Lakes Dr
Wentzville MO 63385

I don't think they need to be bothered with phone calls, so I won't publish that data.

GET WELL QUICKLY SHIPMATE

Re: ED RABBITT on BINNACLE LIST

Paul,

I'm assuming there is a reason for not including any detail in your message. Can I ask you, was that the limited information and suggestion about phone calls a request of Ed's, or was it your judgement call? As you know, Ed was a fellow Radioman and that draws a bit stronger kinship. I've talked to Ed via Phone on several occurances over the past few years.
I'm having a bit of a problem assessing how to respond to this message.....

Goody

Goody,

When I put that up I had limited info on his status. That was all that Carol relayed to me at the time . I have not been able to talk to Ed at all.

Carol called my house a few hours ago and I was able to get some more information that paints a poor prognosis for our SHIPMATE. She is expecting & preparing for the worse. Hospice is taking care of him and keeping him comfortable. She did not indicate that Ed was in any condition to talk, but I'm sure that she would try to pass along your message.

As far as posting the number on the BBS, which is an open channel to the entire world, you can guess that I think that is not a wise move. BUT I can send that the numer to you via Facebook messenger...look for it shortly.

If anyone else would like to place a call, contact me on Facebook, or email me and I'll reply as quickly as possible. I'll be tied up tomorrow with cataract surgery, etc, so I may be slow tomorrow with my response.

Paul,

I have his number. As I said I have called him on several different occasions. I think it might be appropriate to call Carol though. What's your feeling about that? Clearly with Hospice taking care of him, the news sounds pretty bleak. I'll wait and see what your take on me calling Carol. By the way Paul, I know I've said it many times in the past, but I want to reiterate my appreciation for all that you do for the organization. I know that your proud to do it but I think I can speak for the rest of the members that We all very much appreciate all you do. I didn't realize that the Boat didn't make any patrols until 1945 and even then she had a very formidable tonnage kill. Again, thanks for all that you do and I'll be looking for a reply from you.

Goody

Goody, yes Carol is the one who will answer the phone most probably. I have not been able to talk to Ed directly yet.

Hopefully you will be able to if his condition allows.

Thanks for caring.

Paul