Return to Website

The St. Augustine Theology Forum

"Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God." [Jam 1:19-20]

"If he takes up rashly a meaning which the author whom he is reading did not intend, he often falls in with other statements which he cannot harmonize with this meaning. And if he admits that these statements are true and certain, then it follows that the meaning he had put upon the former passage cannot be the true one ... Faith will totter if the authority of Scripture begin to shake. And then, if faith totter, love itself will grow cold. For if a man has fallen from faith, he must necessarily also fall from love; for he cannot love what he does not believe to exist." (St. Augustine, On Christian Doctine, Book 1, Ch. 37, 397 AD)

"Since it is our duty fully to enjoy the truth which lives unchangeably, and since the triune God takes counsel in this truth for the things which He has made, the soul must be purified that it may have power to perceive that light, and to rest in it when it is perceived. And let us look upon this purification as a kind of journey or voyage to our native land. For it is not by change of place that we can come nearer to Him who is in every place, but by the cultivation of pure desires and virtuous habits." (St. Augustine, On Christian Doctine, Book 1, Ch. 10, 397 AD)

The St. Augustine Theology Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Please Help! I Need a Positive Explanation of Our Faith

OK. I'm sorry. That was dumb.

I've hooked this message from New Mexico into our page "The Separation". Readers will now be able to choose which perspective to read from: a separation from Atheism or a separation from Christianity. The only thing I took out was the small paragraph concerning anonymity (sp?). The only thing I added was a statement regarding the human dignity of the ones who had evolved into animals. In our faith, the human dignity of every human is equal and never goes away, even when they evolve into an animal. We must never forget that (I was concerned with the reader of this message forgetting and not the author).

Beacon, if you want to explain your faith in a more uplifting light (ie. coming from the Atheism perspective) and bypass the card game and all the questioning, then here is the direct link to use:

http://www.childrenoftheway.org/theseparation2.html

God bless you brother (or sister?).

Re: Please Help! I Need a Positive Explanation of Our Faith

Hey Beacon, I just got a testimony that takes the cake! Anybody who is trying to experience a feeling inside them that makes an orgasm feel like a “hellish experience in comparison” is either insane or somebody worth listening to. LOL. It’s too bad this person wasn’t around to lift the spirits of the one who left the team hanging his head.

This testimony comes from a Catholic Child of The Way. I hesitate to say ex-Catholic, because we as Children of The Way are committed to continue worshipping Jesus Christ inside the Christian churches we’ve established human relationships in since the core of our belief is that marriage is an inseparable lifelong covenant bond between man and woman that symbolizes Christ’s unbreakable lifelong covenant bond of love for each and every person inside a church (Eph 5:32). I will add to our website the separation from Christianity from the perspective of this Catholic, who Children of The Way also consider to be Christians because of the words we heard coming out of their mouths while we were sitting in their pews putting the Catholic version of the “daily sacrifice,” which they call “mass,” under Daniel’s microscope (Dan 8:12-14).

God bless you,
Your brother in The Way,
Little Daniel