Return to Website

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!

none

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
quotes

I am presently waiting for Hal Hebert to let me know if I am allowed to put excerpts on the egroup site since they are not prayers. I beg anyones forgiveness if I did something I was not

supposed to do. If it is okay with the forum you will find these

excerpts quited interesting and helpful. They will be great teachers to us all and will give us insight that is needed. Many souls do not have these books readily available or may not be able

to afford them. Let us give an example from the FICM, Fundementable Ideas of Cursillo Movement, in the introduction.

"The Cursillo mentality is the key to the whole Cursillo Movement. It explains why we are what we are; it explains why we do what we do, and how we do it. Our mentality, then, is the root of our origins." What ya think?

Re: quotes

Article:
Its a little long, but read and reread it. It is what Cursillo Method is!

From the "Fundamentals of the Cursillo Movement"

157..Within the Cursillo Movement, method is nothing more than mentality and essence converted into life, or made a reality. We are not speaking here of an application made impulsively, capriciously, uncritically, left to the mercy of personal taste, done on the spur of the moment. We are speaking of an application that is thought out, planned, and accomplished with a view toward maximum effectiveness.

158..The method exists for the purpose of attaining and advancing the very life which engenders the Movement. It is a function of life. It exists to prevent the identity of the Movement from becoming distorted and to ensure its essence, purpose, and mentality are not deflected or mutilated. It exists to give the movement a mode of action that is appropriate, fruitful, and effective. The Movement does not exist for the sake of the method; the method exists for the sake of the Movement.

159..Only an evolution of the mentality can necessitate a change of plans in the method, so as to protect the mentality against losing its identity. When application of the mentality no longer produces desired results, it is time to consider readjusting the method being used to apply the mentality. Something is wrong if the mentality becomes stagnant. The Cursillo mentality is not something rigid; on the contrary, it leaves people free to do different things in diverse cultural areas, as long as their choices uphold what is essential to the Movement.

What this is saying is that the Cursillo is a living entity that needs to grow with the times and that things that are well thought out, well planned, and not contrary to the Purpose are supposed to happen.

Some of these changes may be what National wants but 99% of them are what we already have.

God Bless and DECOLORES!!! Randy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to Original Article:

I am presently waiting for Hal Hebert to let me know if I am allowed to put excerpts on the egroup site since they are not prayers. I beg anyones forgiveness if I did something I was not

supposed to do. If it is okay with the forum you will find these

excerpts quited interesting and helpful. They will be great teachers to us all and will give us insight that is needed. Many souls do not have these books readily available or may not be able

to afford them. Let us give an example from the FICM, Fundementable Ideas of Cursillo Movement, in the introduction.

"The Cursillo mentality is the key to the whole Cursillo Movement. It explains why we are what we are; it explains why we do what we do, and how we do it. Our mentality, then, is the root of our origins." What ya think?