Return to Website

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!

none

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why fight the change?

I understand everyone's anxiety over what is going in the PR Cursillo right now but let me say this. The egroups is for cursillistas and shouldn't have to be censored. But it is also very feasible that email can be seen by anyone using a computer, so we should tone down some of the discussions.

For those of you you who are fairly new cursillistas or Not involved in the cursillo leadership, listen to this. The cursillo method is not something that just happens. It is very structured and all of you know Works very very well. I have been one to say exactly what St Paul said " If it is of God it will not be destroyed". But I also believe thatthe only way satan can win at anything is when "Good men do Nothing"

The Three day weekend that all of us have experienced is such a small part of the cursillo method. It is what I call the tip of the iceberg, the majority of the cursillo is under the water where it can't be seen but never the less is a dominating force.

Many leaders in this PR cursillo spend many hours and many years after cursillo to make sure the cursillista has a 4th day to fall back on. The three days only prepare you to live your 4th day (THE REST OF YOUR LIFE). For the leader in Cursillo there is montly or at least bi-monthly weekends to form them spiritually so that they will be able to let God use them to help our brothers and sisters GROW spiritually. For myself (and my women counterparts) who also are on the team who teach and "Form" our future leaders, there is usually another weekend that we spend "working for the cursillo". For the men and women who are also three day leaders (professors) this may be another weekend for them if they are also involved in the 4th day.

So you can see that a lot of "blood, sweat and tears" goes into the cursillo movement (not just the weekend). Our 4th day spiritual director, Fr Frey, works many days 18, 19 or even 20 hours a day (at 73 years old) just to be sure we each have the most we can get out of the cursillo method. That is why we fight so hard to preserve what we have.

I could go on for a lot longer, but I won't. Please pray for the movement and as Deacon Brent Duplessis said in an earlier email, GET A BOOK, STUDY THE MOVEMENT, know why we at PR should not have to step DOWN to nationals level, but that they should step up to ours.

Remember the three days are the tip of the iceberg, what lies in store beneath the waters for those who are willing to go diving for it, is beyond your wildest dreams.

God Bless and DECOLORES!!! Randy