Return to Website

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!

none

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Workshops in PR, LC and BR

Article:
My Wife said she would go to Ultreya more often if we could go together, if Ultreya in Lafayette was co-ed.

I have been attending Ultreya consistently for about 2.5 years. We have family nite the first week of every month. My wife has only attended Ultreya with me once.

We all have excuses for not attending Ultreya!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to Original Article:

Article:
I have not seen a reply to this sting from anyone from a coed ultreya. I am from Baton Rouge, but I did attend an Ultreya in Breaux Bridge. When the time for sharing came, they had the men go to a separate room and then split into spiritual groups. This way, women shared with women (no men in the room) and men shared with men (no women in room). At family night at our Ultreya, when we split up, we split up with men grouping with men and women with women. We are fortunate to have a large room for family nights so we do not get in each other's way.

Just some thoughts. I am personally against coed ultreyas, but they can work. The big problem is when both husband and wife are members of the Ultreya but because of children, both may not be able to make their ultreyas. Still, this is not the worse thing in the world.

Any other thoughts?

Article:
No you are not. As a matter of fact I had someone send me a private email that stated that she was involved in a coed ultreya and had to group with 3 men. She was very uncomfortable.

I, personally, have a problem with co-ed ultreyas. I wouldn't feel comfortable being totally open about some of my daily trials and tribulations in front of women. I would imagine that women have things they need to talk about, but can't talk about in front of men. Am I alone in this thinking?