Return to Website

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!

none

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: planca

Article:
I agree, if my palanca is sitting in my easy chair and saying ONE EXTRA Rosary, then thats my palanca, but if it is doing a way of the cross on my knees in the rocks, then thats MY palanca. Many, many times I have seen the whole tide of the hall change by the palanca done outside. I remember one year at pentecost, they told us that the walk was getting into some trouble, people were dropping out and they were wet and feet really in bad shape. We said a 15 decade palanca rosary for "the walkers"; the next day they told the whole mood of the walk turned around about 9:30 last night (about midway through our palanca roary).

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to Original Article:

After praying my night prayers I remembered that Lou Robbios remarked that not only the kitchen crew should be cut done to a small group but that planca needs to be done at home but it should cause no pain or hardship to oneself. Even before my accident I worked at the PR Cursillo Center and I remember Father coming and asking for us to do planca Rosaries on the rocks and with our arms extended and how fast it would change things out front with the men making Cursillo. Even now with me on crutches a lot of planca is offering all my pain for the Cursillo that is going at that time and it is painful for me to do things around the PR Center but I guess if National has their way I will have to give this up and not do any hard planca!!! Things dont jive: Jesus did the hardest planca for us, He died for us, and I know he suffered and had pain in all He went through. Aren't we called to imitate Christ; why should we back off to the pain of planca as long as our bodies are capable of do it!!!!!!

Re: planca

Article:
Just a little history lesson on palanca and the importance of it. The first Cursillo done outside of Spain was done in South America, (Columbia I think) and it was a young womens cursillo. A young priest from there had been sent to Spain by his Bishop to learn some of the new Movements. While there he made a Cursillo and of course you know that the Spirit just hit him like a ton of bricks. As he prepared for the first Cursillo weekend in Colunbia he realized that all of the talks could be given by him, after he was a priest and knew the talks; but he also new how important prayer (palanca) was for the weekend. So most of the time for preparation for this weekend was spent asking people, BEGGING people to do sacrificial prayer for the candidates. He knew that the talks were just a small part of the weekend, the movement of the Holy Spirit, prompted by the palanca done, would be what made the weekend a success (which it was). The chassis (a cars pretty,shiny body) of the Cursillo may be in the hall, but the motor (the driving force, the dirty oily part) happens in the kitchen with the palanca.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to Original Article:

After praying my night prayers I remembered that Lou Robbios remarked that not only the kitchen crew should be cut done to a small group but that planca needs to be done at home but it should cause no pain or hardship to oneself. Even before my accident I worked at the PR Cursillo Center and I remember Father coming and asking for us to do planca Rosaries on the rocks and with our arms extended and how fast it would change things out front with the men making Cursillo. Even now with me on crutches a lot of planca is offering all my pain for the Cursillo that is going at that time and it is painful for me to do things around the PR Center but I guess if National has their way I will have to give this up and not do any hard planca!!! Things dont jive: Jesus did the hardest planca for us, He died for us, and I know he suffered and had pain in all He went through. Aren't we called to imitate Christ; why should we back off to the pain of planca as long as our bodies are capable of do it!!!!!!