Return to Website

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!

none

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: perplexed

Article:
I agree with you whole heartedly Jodi. May I make an observation that I do not mean to be unprofessional or taken wrong in any way. Not knowing the whole story, why did the director take it upon his own to allow such a thing to happen? And yet we face the same thing who is the present director. I love him very much. But until we have the opportunity to meet with him on a professional dialoguing way, no wonder souls are upset at the present time being put to side. As a father of 4 along with my wife. What would they think of me if I treated them the way we are being treated? I would not blame them being upset. I look forward to these meetings and suggest you be present so if we have the opportunity to discuss. I think similar to your words that the National wants to win at all costs. I see this quite clearly and have in so many words warned some others about this. You do not sound dire at all. Recall the sentinels in the Old Testament that kept watch in the towers. When danger approached, THEY SOUNDED THE TRUMPET. I do not think they felt dire. Just doing their job no matter what others thought.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to Original Article:

Article:
Well, I am a former Young Women's professor. I took a leave of absence about 2 years ago, when they began making SEVERAL changes to the Young Women's weekends and when we were under the microscope (so to speak). While some people may say that I jumped ship, I did not, I only stepped down from being a professor (I still strive to live my 4th day), however, I felt that I could not remain in an organization that was in such an uproar, where it seemed they were changing things that had worked for so long. My fear for the entire movement is that these changes have been taking place for over 2 years, slowly but surely and finally, each group is now being affected and while I believe in the power of prayer, I feel that they will win and you will all be faced with the same decision I was faced with. I truly hope that doesn't happen, but I will be very pleasantly surprised if we walk away from these sessions with even 80% of the Cursillo, as we know it, intact. This is not to say that I would never go back, however, I choose not to be where there is so much conflict between the powers that be and those who actually are in the trenches. Sorry to sound so dire, just - been there, done that!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to Original Article:

I have never really been in a forum. But with the serious of this challenge we are facing. I thought there would be more responses to this. I know time is an element. I too am very busy. Where's the sacrifice for more souls to give us their thoughts. We don't want to hog this forum.