Return to Website

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!

none

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: Change: Mandatory Co-Ed Ultreyas

Article:
No offense taken here. I love the women and the youth and I think they would be a great asset to our ultreyas, BUT, as you stated men and women are DIFFERENT and therefore need to be with each other when it comes to their spirituality "check". I really look forward to family night in Lafayette, but I am glad it is only once a month. As for the Youth, nothing lifts my spirits or my soul than to attend one of their ultreyas (as a speaker). I look forward to it every year and I pray for all our youth DAILY.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to Original Article:

Article:
Joe is right. Lou unfortunately reveals himself again. Bishop Hervas makes no mention or suggestion at all in his book Christian Renewal. In BR the men meet once a week, the women once a month. Time wise it is very difficult for women to meet once a week. Some of them have expressed this. In a sense, it would like having a cursillo co-ed weekend. I wonder if Lou 'fully' groups with his wife and if she is his director. I doubt it. My apologies if I offend anyone. By the way, men and women have two natures that are not exact.

Article:
How could they have always been coed. The Women's cursillo was started 15 years after the mens and at no time were they coed until the national cursillos couldn't get enough men to come to the Ultreya so they started inviting families, and in some cases, non-Catholics. Men will not share intimately with women present.

Lou Robbio says that they have always been coed and should continue to do so. This means NO youth ultreya they must come to the coed ultreya also.