Return to Website

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!

none

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Change: Remove some of the Talks

Article:
The National has good intentions. As well as in the Fundamental Ideas book and the Christian Renewal, it makes clear of being aware of events that affect the times and culture. Let the marriage and pro-life talk go back to its original place in the sacraments talk. That is where they were to begin with. Father Fidelis talked on all the sacraments for over 6 hours. And as he proceeded on over the 6 hrs. the rector at times reminded Fidelis of the time limit. With the two talks placed outside of sacraments, the time dropped to total of appx. one and half hours. As one cursillista carefully observed, before making it lawful to kill babies, there was no need to do these talks separately. WE WERE MORE CIVILIZED BACK THEN! Today any cursillo has probably someone there who has been involved in an abortion in some way. Allow us to take this one step further. We tend to look at this for those who went into the decision making process and planned or possibly planned an abortion. The largest group at the cursillo other than those who have been affiliated with an abortion physically, are those who believe that a women has the right to abort! Take any parish in the country. There is probably more than 50% of catholics who go to the sacrament that believes in abortion in some degree. And we sit by them! Pray for them and ourselves. My apologies if I got off track. As to the two talks. It would be detremental to eliminate them. National has no right to say different. For we did not create them. Just moved them and elaborated on them more. We have proven the effective power of these two talks and have seen the INEFFECTIVENESS of the last two men's cursillos. One other observation. I commented to Fr. Herlong at last cursillo that to remove the pro-life talk, especially for the women because they physically have abortions, National has VICTIMIZED our own women. Let us CATHOLIC MEN AND CLERGY come to the spiritual aid of our sisters! I pray that Fr. Melancon and Fr. Helong seriously pray and discern over this. Can you imagine Jesus coming into the Cursillo Center to speak on marriage and pro-life, and he is DIRECTED by our leaders to ELIMINATE those two areas! Grace and Blessings to All!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to Original Article:

Lou Robbio says that some of the talks we have on our weekends must be removed "immediately". Some of these are the talk on abortion that is given at the womens cursillo and the Lay Marriage talk given at both men and womens cursillo. If there are more someone else please post them.