Return to Website

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!

none

DECOLORES!!! Cursillista Web Forum Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Attending other religious services

Article:
Try the Q and A section at www.ewtn.com. They have experts in Canon Law that usually answer by the next day. They are excellent. Hope it helps.

God Bless

Also you might look on the links page of www.ultreya.org there are many links to several good sources.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to Original Article:

Hey,

Was wondering if anyone can direct me to any web sites that would have the answer to the following question: Can we as Catholics attend other religious services, such as Baptist, Methodist, etc.?

I need Canon Law and not just opinions, as it is for my confirmation candidate and need the exact information. Thanks!!!

Re: Re: Attending other religious services

Article:
Thought I would share this information with you, just in case anyone else wanted to know:::

Volume 1 Vatican Council II Conciliar and Post Concilliar Documents book, Page 500, Chapter 37:

Item #59 - Catholics may be allowed to attend occasionally the liturigical services of other brethen if they have reasonable ground, e.g., arising out of a public office or function, blood relationship or friendship, desire to be better informed, an ecumenical gathering, etc. In theses cases, with due regard to what has been said about (in this chapter 37 titled - Directory Concerning Ecumenical Matters: part one) there is nothing against Catholics taking some part in the common responses, hymns, and actions of the community of which they are guests - so long as they are not at variance with Catholic faith. The same principles govern the manner in which our seprated brethren may assist at services in Catholic churches. This particapation, from which reception of the Eucharist is always excluded, should lead the participants to esteem the spiritual riches we have in common and at the same time make them more aware of the gravity of our seprations.

Item #61 - If the seprated brethen have no place in which to carry our their religious rites properly and with dignity, the local ordinary (bishop) may allow them the use of a Catholic building, cemetery, of chruch.

Article:
Try the Q and A section at www.ewtn.com. They have experts in Canon Law that usually answer by the next day. They are excellent. Hope it helps.

God Bless

Also you might look on the links page of www.ultreya.org there are many links to several good sources.

Hey,

Was wondering if anyone can direct me to any web sites that would have the answer to the following question: Can we as Catholics attend other religious services, such as Baptist, Methodist, etc.?

I need Canon Law and not just opinions, as it is for my confirmation candidate and need the exact information. Thanks!!!