Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Canadian Judge / co-own question

I co-own a young adult male with his breeder, she in turn co-owns other dogs with a breeder judge. I do not co-own any dogs with this breeder Judge, used to...but he sighed off on the cpl we owned together awhile back after becoming a Judge.

My question? Am I able to show the male that I co-own with the breeder,she co-owns dogs with the Judge but I do not, make sense?

I don't think the Judge was the co-breeder of the litter that produced this boy, but will double check on that.

Re: Canadian Judge / co-own question

Don't see why not. As long as he didn't co-breed the dog you wish to show to him nor own him on papers at any point. You might also ask your current co-owner if they thought said judge may be uncomfortable with the entry of the dog you propose(from the co-owners point of view..NOT asking the judge to be).

Re: Re: Canadian Judge / co-own question

thanks Kim!!!
So as long as the Judge was not the co-breeder? we should be all set? the co-owner of my boy does currently co-own other dogs with the Judge, but as in a previous thread it really is a small dog world after all

Re: Re: Re: Canadian Judge / co-own question

Yeah you just need to feel out your co-owner I think so there aren't any uncomfortable moments for anyone. I mean, it is a very small world, everyone knows who the other is and often the dogs when they come into the ring BUT I feel there is no need to rock a boat that ain't rockin' to begin with. :). To be honest, I think your co-owner might have more at stake here and given the threads I've read recently-proceeding carefully would be a good course of action.