Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fitchburg (sunday)

went to the show today and saw some really nice labs in the ring. i couldn't believe how many there were, it was hard to keep track of them all.

at the end i got really confused. i am not sure if some of the labs didn't show up or what, but things seemed to go really fast then compared to the rest of the matches. although i did walk away for a couple mins towards the end(needs to move around for a bit).

i am happy that the girl down the street went as well cause i had a whole lot of ?'s, some of them she helped me out with understanding, some of them she didn't know. now that i am home and typing this i don't remember all the ?'s.

congrats to all the winners
adam

Re: fitchburg (sunday)

Does anyone know who won the second day? BOB. BOS, WD, WB?

Re: Re: fitchburg (sunday)

BOB: CH Casbar's Hart to Hart - Dianne Ammerman
BOS: CH Forestwood's Purple Rain - Leslie Plank
WD/BOW: Gleneries Sugar Daddy - Cynthia & Ed Noll (New CH!)
WB: Casbar's Odds are Stacked - Dianne Ammerman

I don't know how RJ did in Group as I had to get to the LRCGB Annual Meeting. If anyone knows, please post!

Congratulations to all the winners!!

Re: Re: Re: fitchburg (sunday)

RJ got a group 3 under judge Doug Johnson

Jen

Re: fitchburg (sunday)

for the gun dog, why is it a sep entry? why would someone enter their dog in this area?
adam

Re: Re: Re: Re: fitchburg (sunday)

Super!! Go RJ!!!

Re: Re: fitchburg (sunday)

Adam, I assume you are talking about a field, or maybe a hunting retriever class? Specialty clubs offer such classes to support people who are actively pursuing field work with their dogs. The winner advances to Best of Breed, so sometimes the dogs entered in these classes are champions with hunting titles. I enter hunt test titled champions in the class to support the intention of the club to promote working dogs and to advertise that my dog is field titled. I assume that other people who enter competitive conformation dogs in these classes do so for similar reasons. I recently saw a specialty BOB from the hunting class winner. Some clubs offer classes that are only open to dogs who have placed in field trials, and occasionally a real field trial dog will compete in those classes. I believe that was the original intention- to give the field dogs a conformation class of their own. Unfortunately, such classes seldom have entries. The classes for dogs with hunting titles are used more frequently.

You can think of it as a parallel to competing in the veteran's class. You could just enter your veteran champion in BOB, and many people do, but if you win the veteran's class you still get to go in the BOB competition, and you've given everyone a chance to see that your dog can still move with the best as a veteran.

Re: Re: Re: fitchburg (sunday)

thanks for the info. that also answers my other ? dealing with more labs in the ring in the BOB comp; i kept recounting all the dogs in the ring and then in the book.lol
thanks
adam

Re: Re: Re: Re: fitchburg (sunday)

Yes, there probably were winners from the veteran's classes of both sexes, field classes, and there may have been some move-ups- dogs that finished their championships between the time that entries closed and the date of the show. These dogs will be moved up from their class to BOB competition.