Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Etiquette

Here is another question along the lines of judge relations. I know a local judge, and I will not show under him because I know him well. Even though he really likes my bitch But I (hopefully) will be expecting a litter this fall. I would like to have a "puppy party" to critique the pups. It would be me, a friend, the owner of the stud, and I would like to invite the judge. Now is this a stupid idea. I greatly value his opinion. Of course if he is uncomforable with it, he will tell me. He doesn't beat around the bush. I'm just curiouse what others think. Again non of these pups will be shown under him. Well unless they go to a show home. hmm just though about that....

Re: Etiquette

Sure - I'd invite your friend, the judge. You don't show to him, so what's the big deal? Judges are people too - I'm sure they enjoy the litter critique just as much as anyone else and if you value his opinion, then I don't see a problem. Even if one of these puppies goes to another show home, he'll have no idea who the dog is (assuming he doesn't know the new owner), so again, I don't see any problems at all.

Re: Etiquette

Great idea! Why not?