Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Giving Congratulations

I think that even if you aren't someone's best friend or even don't care for the person that if thier dog wins they deserve congratulations all around for breeding, showing and woking hard to win against such wonderful competition.

I have won and no one even said a thing..and you know we all talk about thick skin but hey it feels good as a human to see people clap or cheer for your or at the very least turn to you in the ring and smile and say congratulations on your win ...even if you are not there best friend.

Dont you think??

Re: Giving Congratulations...PS

We can all work harder at being more considerate and kind to each other...that's the message I guess.

Even on those days we don't win and every day in our lives. We are for the most part in this together.

We all share a common bond and that is the love for these Labs and commitment to produce better and healthier dogs.

Re: Giving Congratulations

It is called good sportsmanship and there needs to be more of it practiced!

Yep - I agree. It's also a little disheartening when you see on this list the big breeders congratulating their friends with their stud dogs' puppies on finishing, or even bragging on their own dogs finishing. That's nice, but I finished 2 dogs last year - both dogs I bred myself including some specialty wins. Not one congratulations from anyone on here nor did I brag myself. So, either congratulate every new champion, or just leave it private.

I don't think you have to congratulate everyone. It's fun and interesting to read warm congratulations that mention the relationships - friends and relatives of both the dogs and the people. If you want to congratulate everyone, that's great. But as long as you don't post negative comments I think it's fine if you don't post to every congratulations thread. And if you have some personal observation, post them!

Re: Re: Giving Congratulations

OK...I tried to stay out of this, but your post is so ridiculous, I just couldn't stand it anymore! Who the hell are you, and how could anyone know you finished anything, if you or someone doesn't post it here? (I supposed we should all be saying Congrats, Yep! )And, because no one can possibly know everyone that finishes a dog, than no one should congratulate anyone??!!? Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?? I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt because no one had magical powers to know about your finished dogs, but PLEASE do not try to stop others from congratulating, or even bragging! If you feel ignored, than toot your own horn! But, don't expect clairvoyance! OY VEY!

Re: Re: Re: Giving Congratulations

Gee Cory did you take a mean pill today?

My post meant that if you are at a show and someone you don't know wins...would it kill you to turn to them in the ring and say congrats?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Giving Congratulations

Observer, Corey always congratulates people in the ring.

Is it a full moon or are you all having a bad couple of days?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Giving Congratulations

Are you at every show?
What makes you know?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Giving Congratulations

Are you? Is anyone?

The shows I am at, when she does not win, she congratulates the winner.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Are you at every show?
What makes you know?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Giving Congratulations

Your post?? Are you "Yep", "Just A Thought", "Observer" or all three?? I am sorry if you have won, and no one congratulated you. Most people I know will always congratulate the winner. Why they never do for you, I cannot say. Perhaps you need to look within yourself? I do try to congratulate everyone. The only times I know I am remiss is when I get winners....I never know who got reserve. I always ask later, when my feet have hit the ground, and try to say congrats, if the person is around. I guess I just get annoyed with the mindset of "If you can't congratulate everyone, congratulate no one". That just ruffles my feathers to no end! Peace.