Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just another thank you to the SJVLRC Specialty Committee...

For an absolutely wonderful weekend!

This was my first time (I haven't even been showing for a year yet) at San Joaquin, and I have to say that this one was one of the most memorable specialties I've been to!

The dogs were beautiful, the judging was excellent and fair to all (what nice ladies they all were- and great with the dogs!), the weather was warm and sunny (watch out for the spray bottles!), the trophies/ribbons gorgeous, the site well-planned out and green (with great hookups and parking for the RVs)....fantastic company, friendly exhibitors and volunteers, and lots of great food/drinks! I always learn so much making the rounds around the ring, watching the classes and meeting/talking to all of the amazing people in this breed. Thanks to all (you know who you are) for their wonderful handling tips and tricks, too!

Oh, and for those who haven't ever had the chance to enjoy one of Dan Welle's famous hand-made, on-the-rocks margaritas that are making their way to the specialties this year...make sure you look up the Welle trailer next time you're in the neighborhood!

Anyhow, you definitely did your club proud, and this specialty is on my calendar for years to come- whether or not there are dogs to show!