Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a reason some people won at SJVLRC

Regarding all this talk of winning at the SJVLRC specialties, we think we found a possible winning theme... dogs named after the Pirates of the Carribean movies had a great chance to win big, inspite of not being HySpire. After all, WB was Terri Herigstad's Black Pearl and RWD was Tim and Laura Mohr's Flying Dutchman (although we have it from good authority that they might have named him after the Richard Wagner opera and not The Dead Man's Chest movie). We are just bummed we didn't have our Jack Sparrow there. He might have really done some winning!

Congratulations to all the winners... HySpire, Ghoststone, Shahli, Kashlin, Marstad, Delby, Heartsong, Sunndayze, Shadowbrook, Kenya, Rycroft, Nipntuck, Devonshire, Gingerbred, Saddlehill, and all the others we accidently left out!

Re: a reason some people won at SJVLRC

LOL, you're too funny Jen! I told Chris you weren't being standoffish by not saying hi to her on Sat, so you are forgiven! Just kidding she'd never be mad at you. She's here on the forum too, so I'm sure she can add her two cents worth!

I am not sure your reasoning holds much water though. Moon is a King, not a pirate! LOL

All I can say is that the dogs who won this weekend, deserved to win! They were all beautiful.

Thanks Jen!

Dianne

Re: Re: a reason some people won at SJVLRC..chocolate

Speaking of Moon and therefore of chocolates... Sunnydaze Harlequin Sthrn Cmfort, or Belle as she is called, won Open Chocolate Bitch both shows, handled by Diane Sullenberger of Harlequin Labs! Diane also co-owns the winner's dog Sunnydaze Indigo with Linda and Shelah. What a great weekend Diane!!

And Chris you must have been a ghost the short time you were at the show... I didn't even see ya.

Jen

Re: a reason some people won at SJVLRC

*hoists up the Jolly Roger*
Arrggghhh for Pirates! :).
I love Wagner's music myself and would make a good theme for a litter(thinks I).
Congrats to all the winners.:)

Re: Re: Re: a reason some people won at SJVLRC..chocolate

Thank so much Jennifer!! I certainly won't win the "handler of the year award!!!" But, geez I had fun!! Linda Maffett of Sunnydaze Labradors bred and co-owns Belle and I just can't say enough about the most wonderful friendship I have with her. Thank you Linda for giving me the opportunity to own and show this lovely little girl! AND for giving me the opportunity to co-own Indy as well!!
I had more fun this weekend with everybody!! Met some new friends and had some terrific laughs! Ron, you oughta go on the road with your Tequila shot demonstration!!!! Becky....what can I say? You're a HOOT!!
Can't wait for next year! I'm a newbie in this sport and want to thank everybody for your wonderful sportsmanship and affirmation at ringside! What an amazing group of breeders, people, friends! Thank you for making me feel so welcome:)