Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Power Washers

Has this been discussed before? If so, sorry to bring it up again. I am looking at power washers...electric preferred. I bought a 1750 Karcher last year, LOVED IT. It died. Bottom split and leaks. Am trying to send it back to the mfg. So what does everyone use to clean their kennels with? My flooring is part brick and part cement. Yes I blew everything out between the bricks to kingdom come...but boy were my kennels clean!! Hubby will have to work on the bricks later...thanks in advance for any advice that may come my way.

Re: Power Washers

Hi Debi - if you use your pressure washer daily, go ahead and spend the extra money and purchase a professional grade pressure washer. I have a Karcher graveyard Since I'm a slow learner I went through 2 Karchers & 1 other Home Depot brand before purchasing a Rahsco Pro model. I'm sure there are others, this happened to be the dealer/manufacturer closest to me. The less expensive brands have plastic internal parts that wear out quickly with daily use. These washers are designed for lighter duty, say weekly car washing or spring cleaning type activities. The professional models have metal internal parts. I paid around $2000 for mine 3 years ago and it was a very good investment. I use it daily, sometimes twice a day, at the boarding kennel. My husband also uses it to strip cedar posts. Very quick, lovely posts as a result. Here is a web site that has information, pricing & models.
http://www.dcs1.com/
Good luck!