Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Maria Swanljung, Bubbling, Finland

Maria Swanljung, owner of the well known Bubbling prefix in Finland, has died after a short struggle with aggressive stomach cancer. She was in her mid forties.
Maria Swanljung bred beautiful chocholate Labradors, among them Multi Champion Bubbling Bedouine, who is well known in America. In August 1997 he tragically disappeared in Ohio, and as far as I know was never to be found.
Other Bubbling Labradors are Just Sailing, Me-Oh-My, My-Oh-Me, Gnocci, Claire de Lune and Multi Champion Bubbling Churchill.
In 1995, in the International Labrador Newsletter, issue No 3, Maria Swanljung wrote a very interesting article about her breeding of chocolates. She made it clear that chocholate is not the easiest colour to breed.
But she did it very, very well indeed.

Re: Maria Swanljung, Bubbling, Finland

I just learned of Maria's passing as well. What an impact she left on the Labrador world. The breed is in better shape thanks to Maria's contributions. Godspeed Maria.

She made it clear that chocholate is not the easiest colour to breed.
But she did it very, very well indeed.

Indeed she did, Anki, and she will be sorely missed. Such a tragedy to leave this world so young.

This is very sad for her family and all who knew her, and for the labrador community. Godspeed, Maria.

I'm very saddened to hear that she has passed away at far too young an age.

We are very saddened to hear this news. We admired the Bubbling dogs and all they contributed to our lines. Maria was always wonderful to talk with and so passionate about the dogs. Gods speed Maria. May you meet all your glorious dogs on the rainbow bridge.