Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More rescue Labs in need of homes--Iowa

This was sent to me last week. There are a couple of situations I think--the 6 youngsters she mentions here, but I think there is also a "breeder" with around 30 dogs that need to be adopted due to the health of the owner. I don't have all the details, but you can contact the shelter directly.

MK
Jane mentioned she talked with you about our lab situation. Actually we just had a breeder turn in 5 of the most beautiful purebred black lab puppies 6 months old. Our shelter is extremely full and they are not leash trained yet. Do you know of anyone that would be willing to take on these kids? They are very stunning, but the breeder couldn’t sell them and has more on the way, so she brought them to us.

Please let me know if you can help. I will be out of the office after today until Tuesday, so if you can please contact Jennie Soma at 515-262-9503 ext 104. She is Tom Colvin’s assistant. Thanks again.

Gloria Shipman

Animal Rescue League of Iowa Inc

Accountant

515-262-9503 ext 118

Re: More rescue Labs in need of homes--Iowa

I've just passed the link to this message along to a rescuer in Iowa !Lets hope KiMi can help these babies some way.

http://www.takethelead.org/
could there be any assistance to the person with healthissues and the 30 labradors?
also many thanks for helping the labs in need.
best
ritva

I'll do some checking in my immediate area, and forward this information to another appropriate group. Will there be adoption costs/fees involved?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

This was sent to me last week. There are a couple of situations I think--the 6 youngsters she mentions here, but I think there is also a "breeder" with around 30 dogs that need to be adopted due to the health of the owner. I don't have all the details, but you can contact the shelter directly.

MK
Jane mentioned she talked with you about our lab situation. Actually we just had a breeder turn in 5 of the most beautiful purebred black lab puppies 6 months old. Our shelter is extremely full and they are not leash trained yet. Do you know of anyone that would be willing to take on these kids? They are very stunning, but the breeder couldn’t sell them and has more on the way, so she brought them to us.

Please let me know if you can help. I will be out of the office after today until Tuesday, so if you can please contact Jennie Soma at 515-262-9503 ext 104. She is Tom Colvin’s assistant. Thanks again.

Gloria Shipman

Animal Rescue League of Iowa Inc

Accountant

515-262-9503 ext 118