Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AKC and HSUS merging???!!!! (blog speculation)

http://dogpolitics.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/03/merger_mania_do.html

Re: AKC and HSUS merging???!!!! (blog speculation)

All I can say is that it makes absolutely NO SENSE! The HSUS is actually in cahoots with PETA, ALF, and other AR groups that want to do AWAY with our right to breed dogs. Why, on earth, would the AKC want to "merge" with them? To me, it's like inviting a deadly snake into your home, sleeping with it, and hoping that you don't get bit!

The dogpolitics blog and bluedogstate are 2 of my favorites but they do tend to pull things to the extremes. However - they have been dead-on with this mandatory spay neuter stuff. I joked to someone on Pet-law that to walk your inact male dog in public in California you will need to carry your "permit to carry testicles". Ridiculous but the way things are going it could be a reality.

Yes, Gina, I agree. At the vet hospital I work at (California), the new-graduate interns ask me if I want those "two tumors" removed on my stud dog! That's all they can see, they don't see that he's a beautiful, healthy dog >sigh<
I do educate them, but the reality is, this is what they are graduating from vet schools, a definite bias against breeding. Like it or not, this is the future, and it is uncertain for us breeders and the breed we love.

They actually called them "tumors"???? Oh PUh-Leeeze! Funny how the AR people want us to keep the dogs au natural (no cropping docking removal of dewclaws etc. ) but have no problem ripping out their reproductive organs.