Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: AKA Geek - Joel

Joel, if you can possible release IP information (belonging to those nasty posters) to ptivate email request without bringing any legal problems onto yourself then PLEASE,PLEASE do so. You would be doing more to help this forum than you could possibly know. Posters on this forum will FINALLY, FINALLY learn that they are NOT anonymous and CAN'T post whatever shit they feel like saying.

Perhaps those people that are sending you threatening emails are the very posters that wrote those original "nasty" comments and they are a little more than concerned that they can finally be "OUTTED"!!!

Please help this forum and OUT those people

Re: Re: AKA Geek - Joel

Just because you have an IP address does not mean you can track people down. There are any number of IP blocker programs out there. I did look up the two IP addresses that were posted and it just came back that they are in the USA somewhere. Same with my own, right country but wrong area.

Highly unlikely he can but if you all check the headers in yor email and find the same IP address you'll know who it is if that person emails you. As for AOL, those IP addresses change each time you sign on but it will be very similar. Use common sense and you might figure it out on your own.

I posted this on the other thread but will post this here as well.

The IP addresses that are attached to your emails are really IP address of an Internet Hosting Company such as a telephone company providing internet service, or. Routers have IP addresses assigned to them by a Internet Hosting Company I say might because if you still use dial up and are away on business or say at a dog show, then dial up to check your email and then the forum, the Internet Hosting Company could be ANYWHERE in the US. So you could physically be in New Mexico or Ca the host company could be in NY or NJ. So even if you know the geographical location of the Internet Hosting Company don't assume with 100% certainty that is the area where the offender lives.

Our routers in our homes assign IP addresses to our computers. If you rebooted your computer daily then yes, your Internet Host Company would change their IP address that they assigned to your router. If not then your IP address would probably remain static for a while. assigned to them by the Internet Hosting company (AOL is NOT an internet Host)
such as local phone companies that provided internet service, Earthlink, etc.. Internet Hosting companies have IP addresses themselves to identify where they are located. So IP addresses are multi-layered.

Re: Re: Re: AKA Geek - Joel

IP addresses are not multi-layered, there are classes (Class A, B, etc). Go back to networking school.

Re: Re: Re: Re: AKA Geek - Joel

WOW... nasty