Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
puppie question

Has anyone ever had a abscess or tumor on a puppies gums?? I know he was eating nutro-max which was recalled?? could this be from that?

Re: puppie question

How old is the puppy?? Is it possible that the puppy has broken one of his/her baby teeth? Is the puppy a stick chewer? Any of these situations could cause irritation of the gums. When in doubt have your Vet take a peak.....

five months old

At five months old, the pup should have adult teeth coming in. It is quite possible that you have an impacted tooth, or an infection in the gums.

MK

I had a puppy client calling and telling that the little girl she bought from me had a infection the gum.A peice of the wood shaving from the litter box had wedge up inside her gum/tooth and worked it way up into the nose and next to her eye causing a abcess. Her eye and check blew up.When he opened it up to drain the area found the piece of wood. He said he's see this all the time from dog chewing on sticks out side. I was amazed how the piece of wood was trying to work it way out.

Actually my ex got into a farm/auger accident. It is not unusual for the auger to catch an arm or leg and 'eat the person'. He had corn silage coming out of his head and face for over a year. It took over 500 sutures to close him up.
A

I had a young girl develope an abscess on her gum in the back of her mouth before her adult teeth came in. We x-rayed the area to make sure it wasn't the tooth and ended up lancing it. There wasn't anything in the abscess (wood,etc) to indicate what caused the problem. Healed up just great and there was never a problem after that.

Johanne