Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CA MSN info IMPORTANT!!!!

If you belong to ANY club in California PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE urge them to get involved!!! Once there are no breeders there will be no clubs and no shows.... Say bye bye to your California Specialties!!! San Bernandino, CA has passed MSN and they say that all puppies over 4 mos must be neutered but if they are shown they can be intact with a permit. Since you can't show a dog under the age of 6 months you are SOL! They mean for it to happen that way!!!!

<<>>>
Save Our Dogs now lists eleven organizations lined up in opposition to
AB 1634. This includes:

- 4 dog breed clubs
- 2 dog breed rescue groups
- ADBA -- one of only 3 dog registries for which AB 1634 grants a s/n
exemption!
- 4 herding dog organizations

We are adding more each day. You can see the organizations here, on
the list of Friends on the lower left.
http://saveourdogs.net/

It is critical during this time, with the first Assembly Committee
hearings only a few weeks away, that we line up more organizations in
opposition to AB 1634. Additional rescue groups would be
particularly helpful, to counter the misconception that AB 1634 would
help alleviate the problem of too many dogs in shelters & rescues.
Any national or California dog organization would help though,
including breed clubs, kennel clubs, working dog organizations, etc.

If you are aware of any other national or California dog clubs or
groups that we might be able to enlist against mandatory spay/neuter,
could you please contact them and try to convince them to go on record
against AB 1634? Grass roots networking is quite effective. If you
are successful, please direct them to Save Our Dogs.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Re: CA MSN info IMPORTANT!!!!

Good luck. I begged, stood on soapboxes, prayed, and pleaded with my local clubs and breeders (and friends) to join me at the L.A. Supervisors meeting when the first of the MSN laws came up in So. Ca. (L.A. county), and received a whopping support of two club members (both new in the breed). There were no more than ten breeders at the meeting, and we were surrounded by Actors and Others for Animals and PETA. We were insulted and emotionally bashed, but we persisted. The Supervisors checked their email, yawned, and walked out when we spoke. In the end, personal friends basically bashed me over the head for begging folks to come, telling me they felt bullied.

The apathy you are seeing, is the same apathy I saw. I never want to hear any of the local breeders gripe about mandatory spay and neuter laws or anti breeding legislation again. A few who refused to come then have jumped on this recent attempt to stop it. I am just reminding them that it was all bought and paid for by their refusal to stand up initially. I'll never do it again. I hope you have better luck. I don't think you will, but you can enjoy serving me up some crow if I am wrong, and I will eat it without argument.

Dian Welle

Dian - I know how you feel. The apathy sucks. Hopefully the folks whose dogs they get first will be people like Grrrrr! and Hmmmmm!

Re: Re: CA MSN info IMPORTANT!!!!

Here's a question, wouldn't a Match count as showing since they are sponsored by licensed clubs? And Matches usually allow 3-4 month old puppies to show.

Good point - it might work. But how many of us get every puppy to every match?

If there are any United Kennel Club groups in the area, they, too, might be worth looking into. Many shows offer Non-licensed classes for 3-6 month olds. If "showing" doesn't have to mean a "for points" show, this could be another alternative to consider.