Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is the matter with all you nasty people?

You all must have some miserable lives the way you nasty posters carry on and make trouble and bash others. I think you should get pitt bulls instead of labradors with the attitudes you have. I for one am so sick of all the belittling that goes on on this forum by some mean spirited people. You are trying to make others lives as miserable as yours and that is not a nice thing to do, grow up will you all? And then there's those that are suspicious of others when they post questions, i've said this in the past and am going to say it again, DON'T SPECULATE about what is posted until you know the FACTS!
I think it was very mean and sour grapes the posts that were posted about Hyspire and totally uncalled for. When you think about it, if a judge puts up dogs all from one kennel at least that judge is being consistant about what he or she interprets as the best example of the breed and whether you agree with the decision or not be happy for the winners as i'm sure you would like them to be happy for you if you were the one that won. I think Hyspire deserves an apology from you all.
I just don't know what happened to the times where everyone was so helpful to each other in this breed, it is sure a very sad day to see all this BS going one
Do unto to others as you would like them to do unto you.
Aloha,
Jackie

Re: What is the matter with all you nasty people?

I have been reading in utter disbelief lately. It seems as though one can't say anything at all without getting blasted. It's such a shame because there are so many great people on this forum with a wealth of information to share. It stinks having to sift through all the BS to get to the "good stuff".

Re: Re: What is the matter with all you nasty people?

Jackie,

Great post. My only concern is your timing. Your post pops up as if to reignite the battle.

I believe, the good well meaning people should not post any reply to any insane post.

Leave it.

The small minded and trolls will eventually stop posting their mindless hateful ramblings.

I too am disgusted by this forum and the nasty people lately. There is absolutely no excuse for that type of posting.

There are other Labrador forums out there where this crap does not go on. And these forums include knowledgeable people just like on this forum. I'd rather deal with respectful, sincere and cheerful people.

I firmly believe that we could get rid of all the nonsense and nastiness if we had to use our own names and e-mail addresses.

Ditto Nancy

Knowing there could be sensitive situations where someone might night post a questions if they couldn't stay anonymous, it would be nice if a question (re health, breeding, etc.) could still be asked anono, but maybe request/require that replies (whether advise or opinions) include a recognizable alias/name. I think that way, more credibility would be given to some advise or experience that is shared in response.
I don't know that there is a way to really implement this, but maybe we could try it voluntarily??

sorry type, meant to write in previous post "might NOT post"...

Some of us were brought up properly.

"If you cant say anything nice DONT say anything at all" quoted "Thumper" in Walt Disney's "BAMBI"

With throw away email addresses (hotmail, yahoo, etc.) and the ability to use a name-like alias (like Jane Doe), one could not count on using names and email addresses as a requirement to hold back the miserable people with miserable lives. IP addresses can be traced, but it is becoming harder to do so with variable IP addresses being the norm.

What might work, if it is possible on this list, is for the administrator(s) to designate known responsible people who volunteer to do so, to monitor the list on given days. When a nastygram is posted, it could be removed almost as fast as it was put up (I'd bet this is a function admin can do) by a vigilant volunteer army of administrators. After awhile, it would become a moot point for these folks to post their negative stuff, as it wouldn't give them the attention they so badly need.

Dian Welle
Blue Knight

I'll drink to thar! Good idea.

I am a member of another forum where the moderators can go into a thread and remove posts.

Don't see why it couldn't be done here when a nasty reply is posted.

Re: Re: Re: What is the matter with all you nasty people?

I don't think there is ever a bad time to try and point out what kind of horrible type of behavior is occuring and hopefully make these people see what they are doing is wrong, I just can't believe that the ones that are posting this BS are christians because the good LORD would be so very ashamed of them as i'm sure their parents would be also if they knew.
I am just to the point now where I am so sick of seeing all the negativity and suspicion that is being posted here that I just couldn't zip my lip about it anymore. I normally just stay out of all the BS and don't respond but this has gotten out of control lately. It is so very sad to see how people just nit pick at each other.
Back in the day when I first started in labs (26 years ago) everyone was so helpful and nice to each other, seems like in this day and age most people are just out for themselves and not willing to help others because of all the nasty people out there, it really saddens and angers me.
I just finished reading the article in the most recent LQ with the interview with the Windfall Kennels and Anne and saw how so many well known breeders were willing to give her a great start no strings attached. Think about it, nowdays not many breeders are willing to just sell anyone a dog outright like before and I can't say I blame them with the BS I see going on here.
What goes around comes around and these people will get their day and it will most likely be twice as horrible as what they are dishing out.
Aloha,
Jackie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Jackie,

Great post. My only concern is your timing. Your post pops up as if to reignite the battle.

I believe, the good well meaning people should not post any reply to any insane post.

Leave it.

The small minded and trolls will eventually stop posting their mindless hateful ramblings.

I too have become dishearted by the recent negativity on this forum. It is more frequent and worse in tone than I have seen in the past. Bev seemed to put the cabash on the flaming and bashing much quicker than is being done presently. I would support immediate deletion of posts that start or become negative. I would also support the removal of prior negative threads as they serve no purpose.

I think nothing makes the nasty people happier than this kind of thread. I can envision them reading it and laughing their heads off.

Re: Re: Re: What is the matter with all you nasty people?

Let them laugh all they want but they won't get the last laugh, people like that never do.
Aloha,
Jackie

Replying to:

I think nothing makes the nasty people happier than this kind of thread. I can envision them reading it and laughing their heads off.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What is the matter with all you nasty people?

I agree, Jackie. Well said.

I'd like to know who the heck they are myself! Sure would be nice to have fair warning who to stay away from at ringside! Just the kind of people to NOT get involved with.

I have not posted in a few weeks do to a shoulder surgery, and that could be proved by checking IP addresses. I have not been involved, but have been reading. I have learned a ton of good things from this forum and it would be nice if some of the negative ones would go away. I agree with alot of the suggestions if there was some way for more accountabilty on people and their post, they might not be as willing to flame others, as it would reflect badly on them, and possibily some breeding programs(theirs and their partners or friends).

Valarie is right also, there are a few moments that posting with an alias might be nice(health issues, problems with certain dogs, or needing sensitive advice on dealing with our peers, etc.). I think if the person posting had to have an account(w/ ip address asigned), with the possibilty of three sign in names. One of the true idenity, and 2 alais's. If any of the sign in names from a certian account where used with the wrong intent, the moderator would banish all sign in names for a certain time period for first offense, second offense, and forever for third offense. If they had multiple computers then they would have acess to different Ip addresses but eventually the mean people would ran out of computers. To also add some extra wieght, the list of banished people would be public record for everyone to see. I know this isn't perfect, but I think it would be a great start and with a few more thoughts and ideas.

Well I hope most of you have had a good past few weeks and your next ones are great also. With Easter and Spring being on top of us, I hope everyone is enjoying there dogs and families as much as we have been. On a negative note, my male Richmond didn't pass his OFA and I have found him a great pet home , he will be missed. As I promissed more clearacnces coming in future. Thanks to those of you guys that have been teaching, helping and being so kind.

Jack,

am glad you are still reading and learning!!

We might not know who these people are now but they ALWAYS show their true colors eventually so just be aware when you meet people ringside, they will be the ones downgrading everyone else's dogs with nothing nice to say. Sad excuses for human beings.
Aloha,
Jackie

Replying to:

I'd like to know who the heck they are myself! Sure would be nice to have fair warning who to stay away from at ringside! Just the kind of people to NOT get involved with.

Hey Jack, I too am glad you are still learning. Sometimes I'm worried you have been one of the people keeping some of the threads in question going, going and going. I realize you are sticking up for your friends and yourself, but maybe you should take "My 2 cents advice," just let it die down. For the most part, most of us know what they are saying about you is not true and they are just stiring the pot. Now most of us don't agree with you, but we don't like to see bad things happen to people or say bad things either. Sorry to hear about your male, it has happened to most of us. Just ignore the nasty ones,...I to was getting flamed a few weeks ago. As I realized sometimes it is easier to ignore and you come out looking less foolish! JMHO