Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac Hotels

If you had your choice of these 2 Hotels for Potomac....would you stay at the Hampton Inn or Holiday Express & why

Re: Potomac Hotels

Hampton

I have no experience with the Hampton inn, but I stayed at the express last year and was very happy.

Re: Re: Potomac Hotels

Is there a hotel within walking distance to the show?

The Sleep Inn is within walking, but they don't take dogs. The Holiday Express is about 1 mile from the Host Hotel

I liked the Express. Close to everything and minutes from the show site.

The express is only across the mall parking lot about a half mile tops. It's that busy little intersection that is the PITA.

The express is right next door to a Bob Evans resturant and a little quick store with gas. But also other resturants down the road. The Hampton has a great conntinetal breakfast . But south of there is a little shopping center/cinema HoJo Panda express etc..
There is also and extended stay . but i don't think they take dogs.

Re: Re: Re: Potomac Hotels

I have never been to the Hampton, but I can tell you I've always stayed at the Express and I love the convenience! We can all walk to the close restaurants and share a few laughs along the way. The continental b'fast is great. We set our X-pens up and there are plenty of grassy areas to get a good walk in.

Is there anyone who stayed at the Hampton.
I wondered if you can walk from there

I believe the Hampton is on the other side of the freeway, so I wouldn't want to walk to the show site from there.

I stay at the Express regularly for my job. The people there are incredible and the service good. They have a continental breakfast.

Last month, it snowed overnight. My work car, a poor choice for bad weather, couldn't get out. The MANAGER, got a shovel and between her and I and one other person, were able to get my car unstuck. How many hotels will help you with that?!

I've stayed at the Hampton too, and though it is fancier, I prefer the Express for the people!

Sue