General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
update on tainet food
Re: update on tainet food

From the Wheat we get from China!

Don't we pay our farmers not to grow wheat to keep the demand up?

From the article: "Aminopterin is no longer marketed as a cancer drug, but is still used in research, said Andre Rosowsky, a chemist with the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston.

Rosowsky speculated that the substance would not show up in pet food "unless somebody put it there."

Re: Re: update on tainet food

The scary thing is, now the terrorists know how to taint the food chain. Don't think that just because this was pet food that the same thing can't happen to our food

Re: Re: Re: update on tainet food

Well, there'll always be Spam...

Re: Re: Re: Re: update on tainet food

And Twinkies! Don't forget the Twinkies!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: update on tainet food

What EVER would we do without the Twinkies.

...battered and deep fried, of course!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: update on tainet food

The big shame is we have to go to China or I read somewhere the food was from Canada. To me its sad we can't, at least, make our own dog food in this country.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: update on tainet food

I heard on the news that it was made in New Jersey.

Made in the USA

According to this article it was US manufactured, in Kansas and New Jersey.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070324/pet_food_recall.html?.v=5

Fair trade act. You should know everything just about comes from China it's cheaper.

What exactly is covered by the Menu Foods Recall and for what timeframe?

The recall is limited to “cuts and gravy” style pet food in cans and foil pouches produced on specific dates and times between December 3, 2006, and March 6, 2007 in two of Menu’s plants. The recall affects 42 brands of cat food and 53 brands of dog food. In order to determine whether cat and dog food that your pet consumed is subject to recall, you should refer to the list of brand names on this website.

2. What should I do if I think my pet may have consumed the recalled product?

If your pet is exhibiting any signs of kidney failure please contact your veterinarian as soon as possible. Symptoms include loss of appetite, vomiting, weakness, disorientation and changes in water consumption and urination. If you suspect that you have fed the recalled pet food to your cat or dog, save any remaining pet food and the can or pouch. Open cans or pouches may be double-bagged in sealable plastic and kept in the freezer.

3. Who is going to pay my vet bills for sickness and death?

If Menu Foods product is the cause of sickness or death, Menu Foods will take responsibility. Menu has engaged a professional firm to manage your concerns and is currently contacting concerned pet owners who have reached our call center. Specific direction will be received from these individuals. Please keep copies of all your vet records and receipts for pet food purchases as well as vet bills.

4. What do I do if I have pet food that has been recalled?

Please return it to the retailer for a refund.

5. Will I be reimbursed for the food that I return to the retailer even if my pet did not get sick?

Yes, if it is a valid product that is subject to the recall.

6. How do I know if the food I bought has been recalled?

The information is contained on this website. Not all date codes are subject to recall so please fully check the information on your can or pouch. The information on the website is organized by cat or dog then by brand and description. None of the traditional “loaf” style products are subject to this recall.

7. I can’t get through to the 1-866 numbers. What is going on?

We apologize for the delay in answering every call; we were simply overwhelmed by the volume of calls. Menu has retained a series of interconnected call centers throughout North America. Even with many regional centers running simultaneously we have not been able to answer every call. As we announced in a press release on March 19, 2007, we have taken steps to significantly upgrade our call centers to handle the volume and we have added this Frequently Asked Questions (“FAQ”) section to our website to provide more information.

8. I feed my pet dry food. Is dry pet food safe?

Menu Foods only manufactures wet pet food in cans and foil pouches. Dry pet food is not part of the Menu Foods recall.

9. I’m just not sure if my dog or cat had any of the food that is being recalled. They act fine and don’t appear to have any symptoms. Should I be worried?

As always, remain alert for any changes in your pet’s health.

10. Are there other ways my pet might get sick and show similar symptoms?

Yes – antifreeze ingestion, certain rodenticides and some medications. Certain lilies have been shown to cause kidney failure if consumed by cats. Grapes have been reported to cause kidney failure in dogs and may affect cats. Physical damage from trauma and cancerous conditions can also cause kidney damage.

Just thought I would let people to know what to do or ask for medical exspenses to aid in the care of the dog or any animal.
I am contacting the people of the company for my dog. She was poisoned by the food has been treated and doing ok so far.Im also having the puppy tested as well, no systoms with them though.

Well done.
Judy

I feed my 8 weeks puppy pedigree can dog food and i am not sure if that has been recalled or not. she isn't showning any problems.