Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just got our 1st CD question

We just got our first CD, she got two firsts with a 187 1/2 and a 189. Her third leg was a second place with a 191 1/2. How long does it take to get the CD certificate? Do they automatically send it to you when they post the scores at AKC or is there something that you have to do to get it?

Re: Just got our 1st CD question

Congratulations. I believe they just send it to you, but it has been a while since I got one.

Usually takes a couple of weeks.They just send it to you.

Re: Re: Just got our 1st CD question

Congratulations on your CD! You'll get that Title Certificate in a couple of weeks.....very exciting.

BIG congratulations!!!! Awesome scores and placements!

As has been said it shouldn't be more than 3-4 wks before you get your certificate, hope you had some pictures taken to frame along with it!

Congratulations! That's a wonderful accomplishment for both you and your dog....

Congrats! To get a CD means you have certainly put in a lot of training effort. Great job!

Re: Re: Just got our 1st CD question

Congratulations! It's a great feeling!

You can also go online to check and make sure AKC has all 3 scores. Go to their website and go to the Online Store and do a "Title/Points Progression" search for your dog. You'll have to create an account but it's a good tool. I just like to make SURE all is in order.

I always go to a superintendent's webpage, when applicable, to check results too. I have found mistakes before - one time they said my dog didn't get the point; another time they had us listed as having won! Mistakes are rare, but they do happen. Both times the judge's book was marked correctly; the superintendent had just entered it incorrectly in the system. Can't imagine how they keep up wiht this stuff anyway.

Re: Re: Re: Just got our 1st CD question

My 2nd CD, I was looking up judges and she, according to AKC, "earned" a leg at a trial we didn't show up for sits & downs.

By that time she'd properly earned all 3 legs so we didn't bother to correct them, and she hadn't placed.