Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
www.gooddoginfo.com

Can someone give me some insight to this site. Is it accurate and worth the money ?

Re: www.gooddoginfo.com

I think so. At least because there is a small fee involved, I think there is a bit less nonsense than in other sites. You can make additions to the database, and I have noticed that the site is moderated. Remember, however, if you absolutely must have an accurate pedigree, you need to go to the offical registry of the country with which that particular dog is registered.

The site originally was dedicated to the field trial and hunting Labrador, and therefore highly useful in researching those lines.

There are occasional errors. In a very few instances, I have noted some flip flopping in the notation of some early sires and dams of the 1920s. Also there is some wishful thinking involved in the notation of possible chocolate and yellow carriers before 1930. I suspect this is NOT the fault of the site owner.

The site owner also has a very useful book for sale which gives the historical pedigrees of Labradors which won or placed at the National Field trials.

You may want to try it for the two-month fee (about $20.00, US) and see if it suits you.

Best Regards,
Cathy M.