Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
breeders sites

I was just visiting a few websites to search and admire dogs, look for stud dogs, etc., and was noticing how many sites don't have the owners names on them. Not even a first name. We don't even know who we are calling if we want to inquire about a stud dog or puppies. We don't know who you are!!! Please add your names to your websites!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: breeders sites

Most of the friends I know do have there names on there sites you may have to read through a bit

been there, done that.

When I was making mine, someone said not to put my name on it because then people can look up by my last name to find out where I live. Made sense but I would like to know who I am calling as well!

Some have just correspondance by email, until they get to know whether or not people are serious.

Whatever floats you boat and all that!

a first name wouldn't hurt a thing.

Susan
a first name wouldn't hurt a thing.
I use my first name and city-town and state. I don't use my last name for reasons unrelated to the breed, my hubby's career.

There are many breeders with the same 1st name. I don't know why that isn't on any web site. E mails from puppy potential buyers address me by my 1st name. I return that courtesy.

If they have dogs at stud, they may lose out on stud service. Phone calls or e mails, Hello Breeder? Or "Hello Susan, my name is Jane". Easy peasy.

So many people are getting paranoid. Think of all the unlisted phone numbers. Websites without even so much as a state listed.

Then go to FaceBook and people are talking about their most personal information. They even say when they are going on vacation or to shows. Guess that would help burglars.

The whole thing makes absolutely no sense to me.

MelissaKime
When I was making mine, someone said not to put my name on it because then people can look up by my last name to find out where I live. Made sense but I would like to know who I am calling as well!

Some have just correspondance by email, until they get to know whether or not people are serious.

Whatever floats you boat and all that!

Technically, they can still look up your dogs and find your name. View your dogs, do a web search, find show result and WHAMO! There ya go ;)