Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dog Foods Not Affected -

A few of us have been trying to find out what foods are or aren't made by Menu Foods. Much of the information came from calls to the manufacturers.

Here is the list I have compiled so far. THESE FOODS ARE NOT PART OF THE RECALL. This info is only to inform people of where foods are made, in case they don't want to feed any foods made at Menu Foods. This information was gathered from various sources, including manufacturers themselves, and is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate.

Blue Buffalo: Not made by Menu Foods. Canned foods made by American Nutrition in Utah. Dry foods made at CJ Foods in Kansas.

Breeder's Choice: Wet products made by Menu Foods, but not involved in the recall.

Canidae: No products made by Menu Foods.

Canine Caviar: Not made by Menu Foods. Canned food made by American Nutrition in Utah.

Castor & Pollux: Organix and Natural Ultramix made by Menu Foods but not involved in the recall.

Drs. Foster & Smith: Canned foods made by Menu Foods but not involved in the recall. Refused to say where dry is made.

Eagle Pack: Some products made by Menu Foods but not involved in the recall.

Evangers: No foods made by Menu Foods. They have their own cannery.

Go! Natural (Petcurean) Canned made at Menu Foods, Canada. Dry made at various Candadian mills

Halo, Purely For Pets (Spot's Stew) Not made at Menu Foods. Foods are made at a USDA kitchen where human foods are made. Nothing less than USDA grade foods can even be brought into the kitchen.

Merrick: No products made by Menu Foods. All Merrick foods, dry, canned and treats are made by their own facility.

Natura (Healthwise, California Naturals, Innova): Has their own plant for dry foods. Canned food is made at the South Dakota Menu Foods plant, which is not one of the plants involved in the recall. They also say they provide all the ingredients themselves.

Natural Balance: Not made by Menu Foods. Dry food is made at their own plant then shipped to the Diamond plant where it is bagged. They have thier own people on site all of the time. Canned food is made at their own plant, then shipped to American Nutrition in Utah where it is canned. Natural Balance has their own line at American Nutrion and no other canned foods are run through NB's equipment.

Nature's Variety: Canned food made by Menu Foods but not involved in the recall.

Newman's Own Organics: Didn't specify which, but said "We contract with an organic- certified manufacturer to make our foods, although we develop the formulations and source the ingredients". Petfoodexpress.com says it's made by Menu Foods but not included in the recall.

Pet Promise: Not made by Menu Foods. Canned foods are made at their own plant in Wisconsin. Dry Foods are made at their own plant in Denver.

Precise: Refuses to say whether or not their foods are made by Menu Foods, but they are not involved in the recall.

Solid Gold: No products made by Menu Foods. Dry food made by Diamond.

Timberwolf Organics: When contacted, they refused to say whether or not their food is made by Menu Foods. Said they can't give out that information.

Wellness/Old Mother Hubbard: Some products made by Menu Foods but not involved in the recall.

Wysong: Most foods are made at their own facility. Their Au Jus line, the Chicken Stew and Gravy, and Beef Stew and Gravy foods are made at Menu Foods but not involved in the recall.

Also, Trader Joe's is not involved in the recall, but is voluntarily removing all canned foods made by Menu Foods, only as a precaution.

Re: Dog Foods Not Affected -

How about Pedigree canned? I use this as a topping for my older dogs, when they aren't eating?

What about Purina? I think they process their own as well.

If it helps here is the list of what IS affected

Menu Foods Dog List

As far as Purina products the only brand effected is Might Dog pouches.
Pedigree seems to be untouched.
Pretty much every dog food manufacturer has something published on their site in regards to this recall.

Also, of the foods on the "recall list" none of those companies' dry foods have been recalled...most of them are manufactured in completely different food processing plants.

It seems to be *just* the canned or pouched "chunks and gravy" varieties.

Re: Re: Dog Foods Not Affected -

purina products are not made by menu foods and I am 99% sure mighty dog is not currently made by purina, Purina is made by Nestle Purina Pet care company, St Louise, MO

From the purina site:

We want to take this opportunity to reassure you that Mighty Dog pouch products are the ONLY Purina® brand products affected by Menu Foods' recall. Nestlé Purina stands behind the high-quality of our pet foods, and all Purina brand cat food products and all other Purina brand dog food products, including Mighty Dog canned products, can continue to be fed to your pets with complete confidence.

might dog canned is on the recall. But the beef chunks & gravy in POUCHES are what's being recalled. Made by menu foods.

Diane I think you goofed I received mail from Purina saying that the Mighty dog is not on recall at all just the pouch foods and they did it voluntarily! The mail was sent to all breeders that belong to the breeder club for puppy kits and the circle program . I received it last week.
I think you meant to say that mighty dog is not on the recall just the pouch foods.

Pro Plan is not on the recall

mmmmmm Well i know i read some where that the only canned food. was Mighty dog.But the chunky cuts/gravy in pouches was also being recalled.

yes your right it's Mighty dog 5.3 ounce pouch foods being recalled. I also recieved that but i think it went by the way side before i could read it. Purina mailer.

Re: Re: Dog Foods Not Affected -

is nutro max dry on the list as well? i didnt think it was but the list on menu is slightly confusing, since i dont have bag numbers because my food is in bins, not the bags.
LabLover

What I decided to do is to make my own stew to top the food and not buy any wet foods until this is well and far passed. So sad to the people and animals who have suffered.