Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CA AB 1634 MSN!!!! Send letters!!!!!!!!!

California Assembly Bill 1634, known as the California Healthy Pets Act, was assigned to the Assembly Business and Professions Committee on Monday, March 26. It seeks to require the mandatory spaying or neutering of all dogs or cats over four months of age, unless the owner acquires an intact animal permit. Please contact your Assemblymember to voice your concerns.

It is imperative that we have clubs state their opposition. Please have your club forward a letter, on club letterhead to:

Assembly Business and Professions Committee
ATTN: Tracy Rhine, Committee Consultant
1020 N Street, Room 124
Sacramento, CA 94249
FAX: (916) 319-3306

Letters must be received by April 2, 2007!

To learn more about this bill and how to contact your Assemblymember please visit our website: The American Kennel Club

Re: CA AB 1634 MSN!!!!

Most of us in the Labrador world will be headed to Mecca for our annual pilgrimage to all things Labrador. If you live in California and aren't going to Potomac -think about attending this hearing. Have any friends or family in Sacramento? Ask them to go for you! It is really that important.

**CROSSPOSTED**
AB 1634 California Healthy Pets Act is scheduled to be heard in the Business and Professions Committee Hearing on TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2007 at the State Capitol, Room 447 in Sacramento. WE NEED YOU to help by attending the hearing. It starts at 9am and lasts until approximately 1:30pm. As we want OUR side to fill the room, PLEASE plan to get there by at least 8am. We won’t know what time our bill will be heard, we simply show up and wait. However, last year, when we were all there for AB2110, when the legislators saw how many people were there, they moved our bill up to first, I think to get us out of there so they could have some peace. We should be done by 1:30, but it could go later. Everyone that attends will be able to stand at the microphone, state their name (& group if applicable), where they are from and that they DO NOT SUPPORT THIS BILL - AB 1634. OPPOSE 1634!!!!! It’s very important that we fill the hearing room! So please invite everyone who will come and support our bill. Car pools are GREAT ways to do this, so start forming yours now. We need as many bodies as we possibly can there. Also, as hearings can be cancelled at the last minute, please check the night before to make sure that the hearing is still on. You can either go to the official legislative website or email me. Please let me know if you will attend, I’m attempting to keep a list. Cross post as appropriate.

Timaru Salukis http://home.earthlink.net/~timaru/index.html