Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Excellent article on MSN

http://escregistry.kattare.com/healthEffectsOfSpayNeuterInDogs.pdf

Re: Excellent article on MSN

Thanks for posting the link. Will be sure to give a copy to my vet, I know he always appreciates when I bring him such articles!

Re: Re: Excellent article on MSN

Thank you Gina. I've seen more vets recommend spaying at 4 mos and it scares me to death. It's nice to give literature such as this to pet owners.

Re: Re: Re: Excellent article on MSN

Thank you for posting that. I will take it to work for my vet to read, she will love it and a copy will go next weeknd with every pup that leaves here.

It's important to note that no one is saying you shouldn't spay or neuter, but that it is a choice. It shouldn't be enforced by law, because obviously there are some serious issues that need to be researched. I don't want to undermine anyone's spay neuter contracts. I prefer intact males myself. It's my choice. I like having that research paper to back me up.

Re: Re: Excellent article on MSN

I copied it and took it to work. My vet read it then faxed it to the local humane society to give them something more to think about.
I liked it because it gave pro's and con's on both sides of the issue. It allowes the choice to think about what you would rather deal with.
Thanks again for posting it.

Thanks Gina, In my contract I something very similar to this article cover a little more then what is mentioned, But I too have put it into my favorite and added to my link on health links on my website