Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gift Bags

So you are going to a Labrador Speciality.
On arrival you receive a gift bag from the show giving club.
When you open it what would you like to see in the bag?
Looking for ideas.

Re: Gift Bags

Candy to suck on while waiting for your class. Handy wipes for who knows what!!! A small clock. A pen and a small note pad. If money allows a throw away camera. Dog cookies. Maybe a leash with the clubs logo printed on it. (They are reasonable)

Is the gift bag for every exhibitor?

I would like to see a big ole Purple and Gold ribbon!

Re: Re: Gift Bags

Hi Janet,
Here are a few suggestions:Pen, water, keychain, bait and a toy for your pooch.

Shelley

recommendations for good local restaurants and maps of the immediate area.

Wine!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Gift Bags

Just a four letter word: CASH

Really, the thought is what really counts!!

Spray water bottle and towel

A big purple rosette.

I love imprinted travel mugs... Note pad, bottle of water, frame, candy, snacks, PEN, highlighter, dog treats, dog toy, coupons for dog things or local restaurants, door prize ticket for something cool like a crate or table, dog grooming tool like a comb or brush, travel sized sundries/toiletries, sun lotion, bug spray, small spray bottle, hand towel, antibacterial wipes, poop bags, bookmark, post-it notes, portable battery operated fan, mag-lite flashlight...

Poo bags are great suggestion. Bottle of water. Dog toy. Pens with club logo. Love those as when I use it reminds me of special times I had.

Not sure who it was last year. whom gave me a Labrador keychain with potomac on it. What a thoughtful thing to make.I really liked it who ever you are.She gave it to me when i was leaving the Hampton INN. Thanks

Thanks for all the great ideas. As for the purple ribbon , you have to earn that and then celebrate with the wine.

Re: Re: Re: Gift Bags

While it may be a nice thought, a lot of things like this are just more things that end up in the waste stream.

Maybe better to have a few items on the raffle tables, etc., so people who want them can take them. Think how many trees you'd save by not wrapping or bagging all those things.

And add chocolate.....not many don't love that! :-)

OTOH, when I judged, I did like the welcome bag I received at the hotel....cookies, a drink, and a few other odd and ends....

Diane

The key chain was made by Valerie of JonValer labs. She made them and brought them with her to LRCP last year. She can't come this year

Sue

oh thanks,
yep I can't either but have plans for next year.

My favorite show memorabilia, other than big shiny rosettes, are the plastic travel mugs we won at Pioneer Valley a few years ago. LOVE that thing, and it's a great conversation starter. I lost one of them over a year ago and I'm *still* bummed.