Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BH have a question on your post in Lyme/DevSun thread

could you go back to DevSun's post and see my question?

I am concerned about one of my seniors.

Thanks so much.

Re: BH have a question on your post in Lyme/DevSun thread

Also, I found out later that any type of asprin, steroids, NSAI's can give false neg on Lymes testing. I think that this is why she also tested neg on the C6 test.

Patty:
I also have a question for BH. I just did a C6 test on Tasha today to check the Lymes and she has been on Pred for a week. Does this mean she could come back a false negative????? That freaking test cost $ 85.00 and no one told me that I should wait until she is done with the Pred to test her.

You both should have incoming e-mails.

Hi Patty; I originally saw this article in the LRC Inc newsletter but it mentions back pain, herniated disks:
http://www.drschoen.com/articles_L1_11.html

When I originally took my girl in she could hardly walk and was hunched over in pain as you mention. It progressed to the point where she could not get up at all. I also had a chiropractic adjustment on her but it did not help her, in fact I think it made her worse. One thing that did help her tremendously was acupunture. Interesting you not that bufferin helps her, I did not try that but did give my girl Deramaxx for a few days and it did clear up for a while.