Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Congratulations

Congratulations to Vicky Creamer, Bonnie Anthony, Rusty and Jen Howard on making HySpire Slim Shady No. 1 Labrador (breed points) in February! Good work, guys!
J

Re: Congratulations

Wow That is awesome! Congratulations Team Slim!!!

*Love* that dog! Congratulations to Team Slim, and to the Hyspire ladies as well. I'm looking forward to seeing him at Potomac.

Where are the rankings listed?

Great Breeder
Great Owners
Great Handlers
Great Dog
What a team!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Re: Re: Congratulations

Congratulations to Team Slim and also to Team Nick. Nick is starting off the year just the way he ended 2006...as number one Lab in the all breed standings.

Re: Re: Re: Congratulations

We have enjoy seeing Slim on the East coast at the Specialtys. He is a very nice dog. He does seem to really do well with Rusty. Love to see a good team like that. A big Congratulations on a nice black boy.

How can you lose with the cream of the crop in dogs/handling/breeding all working together!

Congratulations to the "team".

Living within the east coast of Slim now,

The dog was well bred, his breeders did well with him
and has the best team on the east coast working with him now, kudos to all for his success.

Look at Lacey's rankings for 2006....Slim will
do just as well here....

I am not a breeder, just an observer who has
known Bonnie Anthony for many years.....

She and I rescued her Hershey and my Levi from
the same rescue group......She's gone on to do
some amazing things with her labs...and I am
happy for her and her team......

Jane Harford

Yay, Slim!! Congratulations to everyone involved in this awesome accomplishment!!

Congratulations to you all for producing such a beautiful boy!
Aloha,
Jackie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations

Is there such a thing as a number one Lab for the Month? I have never heard about that.
Just curious. does anyone know who was number one then in March, if there is such a thing.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations

"Wondering" ,

March's standings will become avail mid April. so no, they are not up yet.

February month end shows the results on the Canine Chronicle website for standings for the year.They can do both All Breed and Breed Standings. If you watch each month,suppose you could rank the dogs yourself to see who got the most points from the month before, but it's year to date information.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations

Well that is what I thought. I was pretty sure it went yearly. Never heard of anyone doing it by the month. The standings always move around a bit.
Guess this is something new to post.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations

Get a life! Trying to stir the pot??

"Well that is what I thought. I was pretty sure it went yearly. Never heard of anyone doing it by the month. The standings always move around a bit."

Not always.

Last year Lacey was number one lab for breed from January to December.

We'll see how it goes this year.

Bonnie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations

Something only a pot stirrer would think of.
Maybe it takes one to know one?
And in fact, only making an observation!!!!

And that would be yearly?

No, not yearly so to speak Wondering. It is year to date month end results - only it's not updated as quickly as one might hope. Mid month, previous year to date standings become avail.

Lacey for the example- month end of Jan 06, was #1 Breed for Labs, month end of Feb 06, was still ranked #1 Breed for Labs- etc - she held #1 positioning month after month for Breed Standings.

If you wanted to track each dog each month- could vary, but rankings year to date are what you are visually looking at when you pull up the statistics .
So dog A could have earned more points than dog B one month, but you wouldnt' see it unless you calculated how many more points they got from the prev month.
Make sense???

There's been many discussions in the past on this subject, forums and email lists, but Canine Chronicles site is readily available year round, and it's just one of many that post the information.

Thank you for the explanation. Guess it is something to look into. Thanks again

So now is this an all breed ranking or breed ranking?
I am confused.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations

The points are kept track of both ways. There is the breed ranking, which counts Labradors defeated. That is the one that Slim is leading. The all breed ranking counts all dogs of any breed defeated and that is the one that Nick is leading. Group wins and placements allow you to count those dogs of other breeds as defeated and when your dog goes BIS, you count all dogs entered as defeated :-)

Ms. Anthony[Proud Mum of Lacey]; As you posted about your Lacey, I took a looky see in the archives as I heard she was retired from the ring Going by your posting [see next] http://pub12.bravenet.com/forum/976632990/show/601957

Is Lacey really retired xcept for being a possible brood bitch now? As said; I was reading some archives and you said goodbye. Will she still be in the ring; is she retired or is she a part timer hehe? I hope to get to see her once more at the P-mac or another special; she's a very flashy girl!

"Is Lacey really retired xcept for being a possible brood bitch now? As said; I was reading some archives and you said goodbye. Will she still be in the ring; is she retired or is she a part timer hehe? I hope to get to see her once more at the P-mac or another special; she's a very flashy girl!"

Thank you for your nice words on Lacey.

Lacey is really retired! She is a home girl now and enjoying every minute of it! Rusty keeps talking about showing her again here and there, but so far I have resisted!!

My interest now is to put a WCX on her, but I need to wait for her full recovery to move forward with that training.

However, Potomac is just a half hour drive from my house, and if she is not lame by then (it is getting close in time here and she is still a bit lame but getting better every day) I may show her. She is entered.

I will not be there on Friday as I have a family obligation I must attend in New York that day, but I will be there on Wednesday for the Gala.

So if she is good to go, she will show, for sentimental reasons, and to support my club, and if not, then not.