Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
nurological problems

i am writing thes board of breeders to get help

i have litter of golden retrievers poppies. same papa as befor no prlbmems.

this time i have problem. 2 poppies are very clumsy, they fall down a lot and spin round. when i call poppies, they no com unles i very clos in front of them. they somtime spin round and round like they no see or her me.

my vet no what it is. someting like possibl neurological problue

Re: nurological problems

Just a suggestion, check their hearing ability.

You may also want to look into liver problems such as liver shunts that can cause this clumbsy type behavior. The spinning and falling.

Re: Re: nurological problems

thanks very much

what ar liver shunts?

How do test for hearin problms. i think they hear, but not as good as other poppies

one vet thout cerebellar abiotrophy er cerebellar ataxia

Liver Shunt

As a side, Goldens are a known breed for this problem.

More Liver Shunt

thanks you for the web link. I sorry, but the poppies are not the furry golden retrivrs, they are golden & blak labrador retrivrs

the poppies eat like pigs, and no direa, no throwing up, no seizures, no sadness,

they have clumsiness at time, not always,sometime turn in circles, no pay much atenshun

plese mor help

Re: Re: Re: nurological problems

You might look at this web site and see if this is what your pups are doing:
http://www.labradorcnm.com/

Re: Re: Re: Re: nurological problems

thanks you very much. i looked at website. thes poppies have not the same symptoms.

my poppies are good size, probolem is not all time. I have to be neer to them or they get lost and they turn in circle. they no come when i call them. one poppie run & do buney jumps follow me. sometin he fall down. sometin head shak when they look at someting. so they lok drunk

this is 2 poppies

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: nurological problems

Separate the two puppies from the rest, wait to they are sleeping. See if you can wake them up by making a noise, do not do anything to cause a vibration.
Also take one, put it by itself, walk out of sight. Them come back where you can see the puppy and call it.
How old are they (in weeks)?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: nurological problems

the poppies are 5 1/2 weeks. poppies were outside an i clanged 2 poppie pans and they moved heads. they look at when toy scweeks.

to day the poppies were in howse playin, but when one poppie move out by self. he spin around and around.
my son go get poppie,and he ok again.
one poppie very happy. he fall down, and no cry. oter poppie is fraid if by self, and he cry. i no like to see cry.i bring him to oter poppies.

Zande, why are you using Swentina's email address for this?

You have it hyperlinked as na but when clicked it takes you to Swentina Labrador's email

What the heck? Why would you do that

I just tried and the na did *not* go to Swentina's address.

Re: Re: Re: nurological problems

i not use her e-mail address

i list my e-mail as na