Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So. Ca. Specialty Questions & Help needed Please?

I need some help?

I am going to my first specialty this tear in So. California in a few weeks.

I have entered my boy in open and my girl in open.

I have read the premium book over and over and looked at the web site and I can’t figure out what days each will be shown on. Who gets shown on Friday and on Saturday?

Is it just puppies on Friday?

I would really appreciate some help with this because I may have to take Friday off if the open regular classes are on Friday too.

I’m very stressed over this can someone help me?

Re: So. Ca. Specialty Questions & Help needed Please?

What's the website address for the Specialty -- maybe someone could take a peek to see if they could help you out!

Johanne

Re: Re: So. Ca. Specialty Questions & Help needed Please?

From Web Site: http://www.lrcsocal.org/

Friday Breed Judges:
Mrs. Barbara Gilchrist, Blackthorn – Dogs and Intersex
Mr. David Hepper, Mardas – Bitches and Non-regular*
Mrs. Peachie Orton, Omega – Sweepstakes*

Saturday Breed Judges:
Mr. David Hepper, Mardas – Dogs and Intersex*
Mrs. Barbara Gilchrist, Blackthorn – Bitches and non-regular*
Mrs. Kate Perry, Hawksmoor – Sweepstakes*

To me it reads: that dogs and bitches are shown both days to different judges.
I'm so confused.......

Re: Re: Re: So. Ca. Specialty Questions & Help needed Please?

Are there 2 shows..one each day with 2 winners dogs and 2 winners bitches?

Re: Re: Re: Re: So. Ca. Specialty Questions & Help needed Please? PSS

PSS: I have emailed the club for over a week and no one emails or calls me back.

This speciality doesn't "close" until April 11, 2007 so the schedule won't be available until after then.

Did you enter your dogs for both days? There are separate shows each day - there should have been boxes to check on the show entry that indicated which day(s) you wanted to enter. All classes will be run both days since they are separate shows. You might want to contact the show superintendent and see what they have you recorded as entering - you can change it up to the date the show closes, though it might cost some small fee.

Re: Re: So. Ca. Specialty Questions & Help needed Please?

Is this something new about have two separate shows? Some one told me that has never been the case with this spcialty, it's always been a 2 day show with one winner who gets the points in dog and bitch.

This is a two day, two show specialty. This is not the first year for this specialty to be two shows. That means points for both days for dogs and bitches! There will be dogs & bitches regular classes on both days as well as sweepstakes on both days. Junior showmanship & team obedience is Saturday only. Other obedience and rally classes are offered both days. Sunday is also a supported entry for Lake Mathews K.C.
The entry closes on April 11th at noon. Superintendent is www.jbradshaw.com. I hope this helps. Hope to see you all there!

Re: Re: Re: Re: So. Ca. Specialty Questions & Help needed Please?

Thanks so much!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: So. Ca. Specialty Questions & Help needed Please?

Yes, this is a 2 day show. The club gets the judges for the whole weekend and swap out their assignments on each day. Very common.

Sweepstakes will go first, and then they'll start the regular classes.

Hi Carrie Anne-

Sorry that you have not recieved any replies from your emails to the club. I manage the website, so if you email me privately, I can help answer any other questions you may have.

The LRCSC shows are 2 shows in 2 days (Friday/Saturday) with a supported entry for the Sunday Lake Matthews show. What that means is the club members are supporting the Lake Matthews show as well as the judge (Liz Muthard), so the entry should be a good size and hopefully a major.

Best,

Ron

I have only been showing for a little less than a year now, but there is only specialty show that I've been to in California that *doesn't* have 2 sep. shows on the 2 days. Personally, I actually like (especially being new- it is good practice!) having 2 chances under two different judges (more if you can do sweeps, too)!

Hi carrie Anne,

I am also an active member of the SCLRC and would happy to answer any questions you may have.

This is our second year having a two day specialty and it can be a bit confusing. You need to find out which day you entered as both dogs will be showing both days. Please feel free to email me. Although we are headed out for our Spring break camping trip on Thursday morning.