Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help with purchasing show leads and collars

Can someone help me find where I can purchase show leads and collars around Riverside, California? If not can you give me a website and tell me exactly what it is I need.
Thanks a bunch!

Re: help with purchasing show leads and collars

Hi There,

Your best bet is either at a dog show or online. The dog show is the best place to buy collars and leads.

When will your first show be? I would say the best bet it to wait till Lake Mathews Kennel Club show the day after the LRCSC Specialty.

Good Luck and feel free to contact me privately. So I can direct you better.

if you want to order the british slip leads in colors go here:

http://www.stitchedpaw.com/

Re: Re: help with purchasing show leads and collars

I have to agree Stitch paw has nice leads soft and easy on the hands and in all different colors. I have recently bought some nice english leather leads and leashes from. www.custombraiding.com I really like there stuff as well.

I recently purchased two from The Moriah Company http://www.leatherleashes.com/opt1.htm .
They offer great quality and great service.

I have bought mine at dog shows, and do have some from the Stitched Paw.

If I were you, I would start with what you can get at a dog show. You need a small slip collar, either a chain or leather, just big enough to make it over the head, so it's best you have your dog there at the booth with you. Then you'll need the lead. My handling trainer told me not to go over 18", so I have a thin leather lead about that.

I was going to do a couple private lessens this week and I was told to get a show collar and show lead. I asked her where to get them and she wasn't sure other than the show or online. I haven't been to a show in years. The show leads and collars then where a very thin chain with two loops on the end looked like a choke chain but much thinner and the lead at that time was a very fine cord like with a small cord loop on the end. The cord lead would just loop around the end loop of the chain collar. Are these what I am looking for or am I looking for something differant? I got mine years ago at a show but I don't have time to wait until the show I want my dog and I to get started "yesterday". I have been working with him in obedience and haven't worked him at all for conformation but thought well would give it a shot. I could use all the help I could get in the Riverside, California area. I have a 9 year old that has an interest in showing so we have been having fun doing training together. We would appreciate any and all help we could get.
thanks,
don't know a thing

Re: Re: help with purchasing show leads and collars

Alvalley has dog show hand braided leather leashes.
Many of our labrador friends use them.
Contact me personally and I will forward you all the information about them. Our website should be up and running un about 2 weeks also.