Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Over bite in 8 wk pup/Revised

ok one more time.

I have never had a problem with an over bite. except one other time on a pet.Now that i have this nice show prospect.=/
she went in for her shots today. Her over bite is a pinch .under 1/4" Will that ever get better.?And if not so if this happens again. What amount of spacing for it to maybe correct itself.?

I did sell a pet puppy who had one worst then this puppy.The owner informed me she had problems with the canines. and thought they would have to cut them down then but didn't they aren't causing a problem now and the OB has gotten better.That pup is 16 mos.

Re: Over bite in 8 wk pup/Revised

I wouldn't hold my breath that the bite will correct with that much of a overbite... so sorry
Aloha,
jackie

Diane,

I did have a litter with 3 boys. My pick had an
overbite when he was 4 weeks. I watched it until
he was 8 weeks. It did not get any better.

So I ended up selling him to a pet home with
the knowledge that they may have to have those
K-9's pulled. The puppy is doing great.

If your puppy is 7 weeks and thee is still an
overbite. and the other teeth do not line up
I would say that it may not change.

Welcome to the wonderful world of dogs.

I have never had it correct.

I have been in labs for 20 yrs and 2nd overbite

I wouldn't hold my breath that the bite will correct with that much of a overbite... so sorry
Aloha,
jackie

Re: Re: Over bite in 8 wk pup/Revised

I had a puppy develop a pretty large underbite at around 10 weeks and he went back to scissors by 4 months.

yea i figured. I did notice her lower canines are inside the top ones.for some reason my vet didn't notice or look when he measured the bite gap. i noticed when i got home. should those be removed the bottom ones or cut down?They are poking into the roof of her mouth. don't seem to causing discomfort or bleeding.

Re: Re: Over bite in 8 wk pup/Revised

I've had this occur in one puppy from 2 years ago. I had the lower canines removed at 7 weeks and I haven't heard from the owners anything negative about their boy who is now almost 2. They send X'mas cards and have called to tell me how much they love him, but I always forget to ask what his bite turned out like.